Why not a Lund Pro v 2075?

Joe123

Thinking about buying a Lund pro v 2075. We have fished Lake Champlain often the last few years and have seen almost none of this model on the lake. We need to have rough, choppy, cold water capability, but deep V boats over 20’ seem too high off the water for bass fishing. We troll for salmon, trout and bass fish. We are hardy fishermen so comfort and sense of safety is not at the very top of list, but is on the list. Ability to run through Champlain's main body in fairly choppy conditions is of utmost importance, but we need to have good multi-species fishing capability so high a sided deep V 20’+ seems to be out. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Not sure of the budget you're working with and whether fiberglass is an option for you or not, but you may want to look towards a Ranger multi species series. I personally would love to own a 621VS or a 620VS. Plenty safe and versatile, but they don't come cheap

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You haven't seen many because not many can justify a $60k+ Aluminum boat.

LUND: Lotsa Unique Nifty Details... But you pay outta the @$$ for em!!

Lund ruined that model by deciding to turn the top of the gunnels into rod storage lids. Any trout/salmon/walleye guy who trolls with big boards and riggers would see that layout as a huge negative. Tyee's are setup better for that type of fishing in my opinion. My only complaint would be lack of a big fish live well. The Pro-V does have that... Go figure.

Like Bosun above I Also own an Alumacraft. I have  a 175 Dominator. I fish Ontario, and the finger lakes. I have also had it on Lake Erie.  If you fish any kind of weather at all I would definitely go for something  with a full walk through windshield.  I fish from February on weather permitting and would never be with out the windshield for cover for both wind while running and precipitation.  I love my Alumacraft

I fish both Lake Ontario and Champlain. I have an 1875 pro v and I love it. I fish for both bass and trout. I have set it up with a downrigger mounting board so I can convert back and forth from a trout boat to a bass boat in about ten minutes. It the best boat for both types of fishing. I wish I had a 2075, but I'm very happy with my 1875. It does great in the big water. It's a great best of both worlds boat. post-153336-14187732262326_thumb.jpgpost-153336-14187732702365_thumb.jpgpost-153336-14187732949357_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2075 is a great boat, I have a 621 and mainly walleye fish but makes frequent summer trips up to Ontario. Rangers fish great and don't catch as much wind as Pro V's but they do fish excellent. 

Glass will ride better in the rough stuff and drier. The new 2075 Tyee Glass might be a better model to look at as well. Lund is STILL using wood in their transoms and models from 06-07 are starting to fail, huge minus IMO. 

Skeeter would be another big deep water big boat to look at as well.