How to fillet perch with a knife.

WillCFish

Patent    8,840,448

Retail $150

I will wait for the hype to bring the cost down to more reasonable levels before even considering it.

Analogy- I had a hydraulic wood splitter when I was younger.  I found out that sometimes it was easier and more efficient to take the splitting maul to the woods.  Granted, that sometimes it was reverse.  I will wait until it is obvious that it is warranted.  I already own an electric knife I don't use.

The finest fish knife is a Cutco made in Olean, New York by union Steelworkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

this is false. My buddy got one for Christmas and it is a piece of junk! The knife went dull after just 6 big kings, they want you to send it to them to have it sharpened and pay the shipping costs. You would figure for a knife that goes over $100 to buy would be able to last through more than a few salmon. I prefer my 9 inch rapala any day and it cost me less then $20

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use often use the same method when I'm doing a few bass or walleyes. Here in Jefferson county there is no limit on perch or bluegill and I definitely use an electric knife when I may be filleting a cooler full in the spring or when I have a bunch of fish to rip off. Both methods work but a good electric knife is much quicker.

best knife is the one that works the best for the one using it with their technique.  I don't cut through the rib bones so I use a 6" blade to start the fish and a 9 inch to skin it and then I have a cheap bass pro knife that does an excellent job making them chef trimmed.  I am not fast nor do I care to be - missing digits that is.

The professional fish cutters do not use their filet knives to cut through rib bones. They cut the heads off and slice around the rib bones from the front. It is faster and more meat is yielded from the fish than the power knife butchers.

I've seen guys that are great with electrics, but having tried them a few times, I prefer my Rapala manual filet knife. I generally don't have more than 25 fish and do each one in under a minute. Biggest thing I don't like about using the electric is the mess. Guts and fish poop all over my cutting board and filets. Not very appetizing.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The finest fish knife is a Cutco made in Olean, New York by union Steelworkers.

I can vouch for that. Having sold them....you know. Vector. That sales sampler of Cutco cutlery is still working fabulously!

I like the mister twister, now they have come out with different length blades also, I took my twister and a little 900 watt gen. To Canada to fillet walleyes, when you go with 8-10 guys and they all bring in 6 eyes at 10:30-11:00pm I need a fast knife since I'm the dedicated skinner while the others clean up the fillets and bag them. The mister twister has been very good to me as I'm only on my second one with over 20 years of Canadian trips under my belt and 5 trips to Erie for a week at a clip, not to mention LakeO since 82. Don't leave home without it.