Remembered and never forgotten

Tomorrow will bring one of the toughest season to a close. Starting October first my goal like many others was to hang another trophy on the wall. There was a little added preasure as I tried to get it done for an uncle who was dieing. So I went to the woods over and over seeing very few deer but kept believing that each day it was going to happen. October 14th he called for what would be the last time as he passed two weeks later from pulmonary fibrosis.

You see he was the man who got me started in the outdoors, and the first person I called when I had success in the woods. In 1987 when I was 13 he shot the buck pictured below. It scored 134 and 5/8 but it was the hook I needed. I remember like it was yesterday putting the rack around my waste just marveling at its size. Back then people didn't really mount that many animals due to the cost.

As he passed he left me the one thing I always wanted the rack to his BIG BUCK. Hunting the rest of the season with a heavy heart I managed a doe out of his favorite stand and a buck with the bow during gun season. His memory will always be close by as we decided to take the rack from his buck and the cape from my buck and have it mounted like it should have been 27 years ago.

He will never be forgotten and I thank God every day that he was part of my life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-155817-14186940630809_thumb.jpg

Very sorry for your loss but comforted knowing you have the memories. I'm sure he doesn't want you to suffer, and I'm sure when your afield you will continue to enjoy his presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memorable uncle. I have a similar memory where my dad left off and my uncle took me to the outdoors ...when I was 16.....

Excellent choice of the bonding of your buck and his! A great honor! Peace be with both of you. ..Merry Christmas!

Mark

Very nice,sorry for your lose,my dad took me hunting when was 12,and I love the sport and still thank him for taking me and getting me into the sport.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United