Lake Ontario UNTIED or Real House Wife's?

JakeyBaby

Call me crazy but for some reason more and more it's seems like people are arguing, fighting, name calling, and threatening. I thought this great site was supposed to be about sharing and helping with others who love the same thing? Weather you are a full time charter capt, someone who enjoys fishing the great streams, fishing the hard water or just sitting on a dock baiting a hook for a kid WE all came to this site for one thing! Because of the passion we have for the same damn thing! The moderators here I'm sure have plenty of other things to do then to have to baby sit any particular thread. Don't get me wrong either, I know any good conversation is going to end up in a debate and that's great. But what good comes from putting someone down because you may have took the way that someone WROTE something wrong? I'm no shrink or anything but I'm pretty sure Chad gave this site the name he did for a reason?? Just saying and back to the good stuff!

Edited by JakeyBaby

MY Perception (All examples are not  my Bio)

1.)Definitely passion.  What is your trigger? (mine is littering but not a frequent topic)

2.)Also, internet Savvy.  How well do you communicate?

3.)Finally, some people are just itching to do battle. 

Example 1-1.  I caught a nice fresh steelhead and took a picture of it on rope designated to drag deer out of the woods while it flopped around in a muddle puddle in the parking lot.  Nothing illegal but this picture would infuriate some people passionate about steelhead.

Example 1-2.   I caught a beautiful musky but had difficulty handling it and the picture showed this while I was trying to get my hero shot.  It was obvious to experience musky anglers that the chances of the fishes survival was minimal and this infuriated them.

Example 1-3.  I shot  a small deer with my bow and took pictures of it with arrows sticking out of its body.  Most people who do not hunt would find offense to my portrayal of the hunt.

Example 1-4.  I shot my first bear.  Yeah!  however, it is just a cub.  I should know better and get ridiculed for it.

Example 1-5  I caught a sturgeon and took a quick pic of it before I released it.  The fish is ok and I know it is against the rules and get reminded by 1/2 doz people which leads to an argument of the viability of the fishery and what everyone's responsibility should be.

Example 1-6  I can relate to a bad experience that i had to a new post and for the next few days i am bashing Russians and Pennsylvanians because they suck!

Example 2-1  I do not know how to interface an inanimate object such as my computer monitor and have a different opinion than the last post so I decide to call them a stupid jacka$$ and tell them to come get some.  $Boom$

Example 2-2 I have an irrelevant topic I would like to share in someone elses post.

Example 2-3 I know everything there is to know about the topic at hand and let people know it and refuse to see another point of view.

Example 3-1 I know that there is an opportunity to prey on the topic at hand by focusing on the first 2 example points and getting all technical so I call somebody out on based on their picture and description of the event and see where the conversation can go so I can pile on.

Example 3-2  I am unhappy with an experience I have had with another LOU member and decide to air my feelings within the community.

Example 3-3 I have had a terrible walleye season and decide to blame the successful guy that posts all the info.  Of course, my deer season was pretty bad too, so those other guys must be hunting over bait.  There is no way they could be better than me.

Example 3-4  somebody was in my spot and when I get on LOU I see a recent report regarding my spot and this make very angry.  Stop talking about my spot!   No Pictures!

Merry Christmas everybody.  Please remember to treat others as you would like to be treated.

We can all be guilty of losing our cool. I know I have, but there is fine line between constructive criticism and character assassination. We as members have to treat each other as we expect to be treated. Ive made some good friends and met some great people via this site, but Im tired of the bs mentioned above. I love reading everybodys fishing/hunting stories, but anymore I dont blame anyone for not posting trips because there are so many negative posters. We have to police our own....

People need to learn tolerance for others views and opinions and the fact the world will continue spinning just fine with different people living with different values.  Making others live by your views or values is just a recipe for arguments.  It not just here but all around us in this world.  

MY Perception (All examples are not  my Bio)

1.)Definitely passion.  What is your trigger? (mine is littering but not a frequent topic)

2.)Also, internet Savvy.  How well do you communicate?

3.)Finally, some people are just itching to do battle. 

Example 1-1.  I caught a nice fresh steelhead and took a picture of it on rope designated to drag deer out of the woods while it flopped around in a muddle puddle in the parking lot.  Nothing illegal but this picture would infuriate some people passionate about steelhead.

Example 1-2.   I caught a beautiful musky but had difficulty handling it and the picture showed this while I was trying to get my hero shot.  It was obvious to experience musky anglers that the chances of the fishes survival was minimal and this infuriated them.

Example 1-3.  I shot  a small deer with my bow and took pictures of it with arrows sticking out of its body.  Most people who do not hunt would find offense to my portrayal of the hunt.

Example 1-4.  I shot my first bear.  Yeah!  however, it is just a cub.  I should know better and get ridiculed for it.

Example 1-5  I caught a sturgeon and took a quick pic of it before I released it.  The fish is ok and I know it is against the rules and get reminded by 1/2 doz people which leads to an argument of the viability of the fishery and what everyone's responsibility should be.

Example 1-6  I can relate to a bad experience that i had to a new post and for the next few days i am bashing Russians and Pennsylvanians because they suck!

Example 2-1  I do not know how to interface an inanimate object such as my computer monitor and have a different opinion than the last post so I decide to call them a stupid jacka$$ and tell them to come get some.  $Boom$

Example 2-2 I have an irrelevant topic I would like to share in someone elses post.

Example 2-3 I know everything there is to know about the topic at hand and let people know it and refuse to see another point of view.

Example 3-1 I know that there is an opportunity to prey on the topic at hand by focusing on the first 2 example points and getting all technical so I call somebody out on based on their picture and description of the event and see where the conversation can go so I can pile on.

Example 3-2  I am unhappy with an experience I have had with another LOU member and decide to air my feelings within the community.

Example 3-3 I have had a terrible walleye season and decide to blame the successful guy that posts all the info.  Of course, my deer season was pretty bad too, so those other guys must be hunting over bait.  There is no way they could be better than me.

Example 3-4  somebody was in my spot and when I get on LOU I see a recent report regarding my spot and this make very angry.  Stop talking about my spot!   No Pictures!

Merry Christmas everybody.  Please remember to treat others as you would like to be treated.

Difference in views is one thing.  Childish name calling and childish games have no place here. 

Both outstanding posts and well put.

Merry Christsmas to all - good luck in the field, stream, lake or ocean,

Chris

One thing is that you have to be very careful about the words you use when you want to make an opinion about something or about what someone said or did. Take the time to read over what you have written (also because there is no spellcheck and sometimes as I write, whole words or letters are missing that I know I entered). Keep in mind that they can not see your face or hear your tone of voice. If you come out shooting (or come across that way) you can only expect them to shoot back.

Keep in mind that a picture may not tell the whole story and that you may missinterpret (hope I spelled that right) what someone said. So it might be good to make sure of those things. Take a deep breath, think about it.

Also be aware that even if you are pasionate about the subject and/or what a person said or did, it would be better try and talk them into understanding your point of view. Then maybe you will sway them into ageement (or understanding your point). Or at least agree to disagree without hostillity.

I have to agree with all the above posts.  I also admit to being sucked into a few of those "touchy" threads and allowing my sarcasm and opinions to show. 

Funny thing, how someone you've never met in person can "trigger" a response with a keyboard!

Happy holidays to all.

I think a lot of it is fueled by what is happening in current society.  We are only hearing about this doom and gloom racist this and killer that.  I think that it is overwhelming and it is showing as a society that everyone is out to get under someone's skin because we are all irritated by the crap happening in our nation.  No one's voice is being heard and events are getting more extreme, same thing happened before the civil war.  

Not the online name calling but tension between people.

Why cant we all just get along?!?!

Edited by Chas0218

I have to agree with all the above posts.  I also admit to being sucked into a few of those "touchy" threads and allowing my sarcasm and opinions to show. 

Funny thing, how someone you've never met in person can "trigger" a response with a keyboard!

Happy holidays to all.

Nice buck you have there!

One of the things we don't want to do is to diminish the importance of this website itself by making comments that infer that there is a problem with it. The problem is with a small minority of folks using the anonymity as a "weapon"  to bypass constructive and respectful dialog and to vent their frustrations with who knows what in their personal lives. Chad works very diligently to provide a great forum here for folks to discuss and learn about just about anything relating to the sports we love. It is that very reason that caused me to join the "professional" version awhile back because I felt the obligation to try to do my part to foster a very meaningful vehicle for contributing back to the sport and to show support for something constructive. I owuld encourage "lurkers" to do the same....support things you believe in.  Lets all try to do our part to make this a place to share our thoughts and ideas or expertise and keep it free from the reality show crap that has taken over other facets of our lives. This should remain a place to share information listen to others points of view , and interact respectfully and peacefully with one another.

One of the things we don't want to do is to diminish the importance of this website itself by making comments that infer that there is a problem with it. The problem is with a small minority of folks using the anonymity as a "weapon"  to bypass constructive and respectful dialog and to vent their frustrations with who knows what in their personal lives. Chad works very diligently to provide a great forum here for folks to discuss and learn about just about anything relating to the sports we love. It is that very reason that caused me to join the "professional" version awhile back because I felt the obligation to try to do my part to foster a very meaningful vehicle for contributing back to the sport and to show support for something constructive. I owuld encourage "lurkers" to do the same....support things you believe in.  Lets all try to do our part to make this a place to share our thoughts and ideas or expertise and keep it free from the reality show crap that has taken over other facets of our lives. This should remain a place to share information listen to others points of view , and interact respectfully and peacefully with one another.

IMO, One of the biggest problems is that we all get so touchy over every little thing.  My reason for posting this amusing cartoon is to highlight that.  It didn't take long  :rofl:   I have been here since the start.  I love my LOU, but I don't always feel the same about all the posters and that is really what the cartoon is about.

Inevitably,  someone reads to much into something and BOOM, it's popcorn time !

LOU rocks and we all know that  :yes:  :yes:

Fishtails I wasn't directing my comments at the cartoon I thought it was pretty funny actually. :yes: When we lose our sense of humor we really have a problem :)

Edited by Sk8man