The search for a new boat

Legacy

The time is here and I have officially begun the search for a new ride. Im not really aware of what is out there so Im reaching out to the LOU community for some recommendations. Id love to compile a list (year, make, model) to look for. Im not looking to start a thread for classified boat listings but if you honestly know of something out there feel free to pm me.

Im looking for...

Great Lakes style platform for chartering

27-30'

1995 or newer

prefer hardtop

10' beam

Thanks! remember guys, im looking for ... year, make, model

Micromanagement minute:  I don't know how easy it is to get into your slip, but with a boat that size you may want to narrow your search to twin screws.  Trying to back a 30' boat into a slip in heavy winds with clients watching might be too interesting for onlookers for my taste.

I was t the factory  last week they are building  #1   for the Boston  boat show  its going to be a awesome boat and for all  those that fish the great lakes they will  build  to your specs  its a quality #1 boat a down east boat   all hand llayed  not a .\spec of wood  I just  got  a 23   HT  having a few special things done to it and all  Trex track  holders a kicker put on   I cant wait to get it on the big O

I agree  twin screws  make it a lot easier  we are used to  bringing the boat to dock  with a running  tide   and blowing winds, and sometimes  it can be  quite comical .

Agree with twin screws, and counter rotating inboards are best for docking.

Steiger is coming out with  New England lobsterboat like 30 footers which have a very stable comfortable ride, a huge workspace,outboard engines and small engines in the bow that make docking in a slip extremely easy." Praying Mantis" is a Steiger charter boat working out of the little Salmon river and if you make it to the big Lotsa meet in Niagara falls  you can probably talk to Marlowe Beisz(spelling?) who owns a Steiger called "Leviathan". These are stable, sturdy and comforable rigs that operate lobster operations in the Gulf of Maine. Which means that they are set up to be dependable also when you are busy working and not at the wheel.

just google "steiger boats".

Edited by rolmops

You'll find the most fresh water lake worthy fishing boats is in sandusky/port clinton ohio. I was searching for a new to me boat in 2012. Check out craigs list in different areas around the great lakes and prepare to travel. Sandusky/Port Clinton far and away had more boats per square mile then any area I'd been to. Made 3 trips there in fall 2012, 600 mile round trip each time. Came home with new to me Penn Yan Nov. 1 2012. Very happy. Good luck.

Agreed. Sandusky area has an insane amount of boats. I grew up there fishing for Erie eyes and have been out here the last 10 days visiting my parents. Something like 3rd most boat registrations per county in the country last I checked. Lots of big dollar rigs though well beyond the average budget. Always amazes me when I come back here seeing so many great boats around. Never realized it until I left 6 years ago for NY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by FleetTracker