Best Flasher/Fly of 2014

Jammer

I got a pretty good response to the Best Spoons of 2014 post, so now I'll ask the same question for your best Flasher/Fly combos.

What worked?  What didn't?  Any surprises?

By far, my best this year was a 10" White Glow/Green Dots Spin Dr. and an A-TOM-MIK Screamer Live Series Fly.  Outfished everything else on the boat, all season long.

JAM

dirty whiteboy paddle with a white fly hands down.we did well with differnt versions of white spinnies with prism and holo tape and white fly.mountain dew paddles and spinnies with green flies did o.k.big disappointment was white with green dots,killed them last year with that paddle,but just couldnt get it to go this year,we did catch a few though with that paddle,ooooops,that was a secret.

Bobby Fuller custom with ITO blue/ green fly that exploded with color when in the water.

(Mostly on finger lakes)

Bobby, I need another one!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-14194382647859_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nautitroller

Did quit well on this pattern. Its UV chartruse atomic or purple taco, same stuff and the black is Holographic High Voltage Black, made by Montana Fly Co.. 4 green beads and 1 red bead.  This is home made. I like my flies with a lateral line. Seems to make it look more real. I wasn't a believer in UV, well now I am. Here's a few I made 2 days ago, on the cardboard as they were drying

post-143614-0-91407400-1419852578_thumb.jpg

post-143614-0-87232500-1419852662_thumb.jpg

post-143614-0-47480200-1419852743_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patriot

We had two combos that worked best for us - 42nd Spinnie pulling a Moonshine Smitty fly and a NBK Spinnie pulling a Green Glo fly.

X2 great combo this year, but I have to say I had an almost all spoon bite this year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

Finsntins- When you say white fly do you mean glow or non glow white fly?? One of my best flys last couple years has been the atomic ultra glow white fly behind a variety of spinnys. Don't think I've tried a non glow white fly but I thought about it. 

to be honest,i have no idea,dont even know what brand,i have been learning spoon names and flasher names the last 2 years,so this year i am going to work on the fly names.this combo had so much action this past season that there isnt much left of the fly.hopefully someone can i.d. it,cause id like to get a replacement,however,what worked last year,doesnt mean its gona work this year!!!!i will dig it out later and post a pick,maybe one of the pros will know what it is.