Need Rigging/set up suggestions from the pro's

gpearce

Gerry I've been prostaff for Hot Spot for over thirty years. I always run cut bait behind my 11" flashers and flys behind the 8". I'd strongly suggest you get some Hot Spot Agitator flashers to run ahead of your spoons. The thing about the Agitators is they won't interfere with the action of the spoon or even a body bait but they certainly bring in the fish!

Tried running those agitators twice this year on Lake O with spoons and both times completely ruined my line. Twisted beyond repair. These things spin FAST and the swivels that come with them apparently can't handle the RPM. Thoughts there Blue Knight? I have a half dozen of these and planned to throw them in the 'Do Not Use' pile of stuff that looks cool but doesn't work.

Fleet Tracker I can't understand why you had a problem. I've run them on my rods without a problem. I also run a tandem set up off the rigger with a spoon or body bait running five feet above and behind the Agitators. The swivels on them are top of the line. I'm usually running 2.8 to 3.0mph.

Fleet Tracker I can't understand why you had a problem. I've run them on my rods without a problem. I also run a tandem set up off the rigger with a spoon or body bait running five feet above and behind the Agitators. The swivels on them are top of the line. I'm usually running 2.8 to 3.0mph.

Yea I ran them twice (2 different ones) and both times ended up with the worst line twist I've ever seen. 3rd times a charm maybe? Will try one again on a slow day but if experience the same thing will sell them on the classifieds.