Late ducks

Kevin, we were out on Seneca, only a few divers not many mallards where we were, couple big rafts of reds but that was about it. I'm guessing the lack of ice isn't helping. There was some shooting on the east side, but may be in the fields after geese. Was good to get out though.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

There was a bunch of shooting on the east side of Canandaigua this morning and a couple of guys with a nice blind on Squaw Island but they only fired a couple shots and I didn't see anything fall. There were 3 prs of mallards about 100 ft away from me on the west side but I was fishing for perch and not hunting.  quite a few geese flew over me also in the early afternoon and they were about in range too :)  Guess they new I'm harmless :lol:

Anyone out after ducks for the opener this weekend? Headed down to Western zone on Monday and wondering if there are many birds around.

I hunted Skaneateles yesterday and today. Thousands of canadas and snows rafting offshore, but virtually no ducks (no divers at all). The warm weather has messed things up.

Hunted the east side of Skaneateles for four days now. Very few dabblers, and, apart from mergs, no divers whatsoever. Canadas and snows abundant, but distant. Loons attacking the rig have provided the only entertainment. Hopefully this cold weather will bring some ducks back to the lake.

Anyone hunting Skan, Owasco, or Otisco? How's it been?