Musky summer charters

Guys - I know nothing about fishing for muskies.  A buddy here in New Hampshire wants to hire a musky charter in 2015 and fish for a day or two, preferably during the summer.  Any recommendations for body of water and charter captain for this timeframe?  I know Raaven works the St. Lawrence later in the season and I think mostlymuskies said he was ending his musky charters to concentrate on Guyana.  Any ideas?

I will still guide on a limited basis for 2015, both on Chautauqua Lake & Niagara River and presently have a Buy One Get One Free Full Day Fishing Charter Deal going on until December 31st,2014.I still have dates open for the NY Inland Muskie Season opening week that starts May 30th,2015 and dates available for Opening Week of Great Lakes Muskie Season that starts June 20th,2015.

Edited by mostlymuskies

Mortigan, I did receive a request for the Gift of Fishing Certificate Deal and decided that I will honor it even though it is past the cutoff date.Since I put this up over the Holidays when most people did not have funds available because of Christmas expenses, I have extended the Buy One Get One Free Deal until January 15th!

Also for 2015 Inland Musky Season it starts earlier this year May 30th and goes to November 30th.The size limit has also been raised to 40" for all Inland waters.For the Great Lakes Waters the Musky Season still starts on the 3rd Saturday in June.Only change is the size limit is 54" through out all Great Lakes Waters.The New NYSDEC Fishing Regulations Publication coming out in April will show all these changes!

Tigerhunter, I took part with others in talks with the NYSDEC in getting this change to an earlier NY Inland Musky Season.Both the NY Muskies Chapter 69 & Niagara Musky Association had membership voting on supporting this and sent in supporting letters.Some wanted the season to start May 1st the same time as Tiger Muskie Season.But Warm Water Biologists out of Albany decided that with a small percentage of spawning possibly taking place on some waters that it was best not to start earlier then the 4th Saturday in May.This went up for Public Review and there was no opposition to the change.It was adopted as a rule change, but goes into effect when the New NY State Fishing Regulations Publication comes out on April 15th,2015.I have been assured that the earlier season change and 40" size limit will be in that new publication.

Edited by mostlymuskies