Watch the Salmon Showdown Fishing Show Now !

Here we go, the new Salmon Showdown Fishing Show has begun, click the link below to watch the 1st show now

http://fishingandhuntingforum.com/showthread.php?3393-Salmon-Showdown-501-Michigan-City-(password-start5here)

Watched it yesterday! This ought to make the Winter go by a little faster.

When will the lake Ontario stuff air?

We'll see it later this month from what I've been told.

moemoe I hope you know Wally personally to be saying that.

Greg Magee owns the Blue Fairways the 50' and owns a company, Magee Insurance Group

Wally captains the boat

The Blue Fairways is Sponsored by the Fishing and Hunting Forum which I hope after watching the Salmon Showdown

you guys roam around the forum and join in the conversations.  Maybe even tell us about yourself, what boat you are and what tournaments you fish.

Its awesome to see the response we get from Lake Ontario, and I just want to say from Scott and I.  

Thank You!!!

Kind of a boring episode. But thats fishing sometimes!

You're not alone in thinking that. Its definitely a struggle with the early episodes. Fishing is usually tough and this past year was brutal early on. Thanks for watching.

Watched it. Makes me jonse

Thats why we do this. Thanks for watching.

I find Capt. Wally very entertaining.  He is never at a loss for words and knows how to play for the camera.  I look forward to

his comments and insights, (even though I "cheer" for Angler's Avenue).

Keep up the good work.  It helps to at least see some open water at this time of year !!!

Chase,

Show is great especially this time of year, when you can't wait to get back to the lake. One thing as fisherman we all look for is what are they using and how are they fishing, aka depth, distance behind the ball. Trick of the trade.

Chase,

Show is great especially this time of year, when you can't wait to get back to the lake. One thing as fisherman we all look for is what are they using and how are they fishing, aka depth, distance behind the ball. Trick of the trade.

I appreciate the feedback and Thanks for watching.  

Its a struggle to find a balance between creating a show that is fun and informative. Scott and I are always trying to add info that fits into the story for that episode.

Its really exciting to see the response we get from the lakes, but also from outside the Great Lakes. We've had people from Alaska that watch the show. As well as fisherman who have never fished for Salmon on the Great Lakes get a charter and experience this thing we all love because of seeing it on the show. 

And to me that says that our show is relatable to all types of fisherman. And that we can play a roll in raising awareness for this fishery and the things it offers.

So the challenge for Scott and I is trying to make a show that is fun and informative for the Great Lakes Fisherman, but also fun and informative for fisherman who aren't Great Lakes Fisherman. That shows them the challenge and skill that it takes to catch kings.

I hope my answer gave some insight to why there isn't more straight info in our show.  

I have written down your suggestions for topics and don't be surprised if you see them in the future. I really appreciate the feedback because its constructive feedback like yours that ultimately makes our show better.

So thank you.

Chase,

Regarding the tips and tricks question from above, what about featuring a tips and tricks section with a different team each week?  That way you can keep your show intact and add the info for people that are trying to learn as well as be entertained. leader lengths, lure patterns, productive speeds etc...

Just a thought,

DJ

Just out of curiosity is there any chance of filming any of the Pro Am's or other tournaments here on Ontario?

So experience has taught me to never say never. But right now Salmon Showdown follows exclusively  Lake Michigan's Tournament Trail and their broadcast championship. However I did come over to Lake Ontario this past year and filmed the WHI for its own series which will be coming out soon. So there is the possibility of more things like that.

Chase,

Regarding the tips and tricks question from above, what about featuring a tips and tricks section with a different team each week?  That way you can keep your show intact and add the info for people that are trying to learn as well as be entertained. leader lengths, lure patterns, productive speeds etc...

Just a thought,

DJ

Thats a valid point and one we've thought of in the past. Its a great idea and one we might revisit.

That being said while I was thinking of this response i had an epiphany about a way to do this and avoid any issues with one of our biggest challenges "Time", and I gave Scotty Mac a call.

So I'll leave it at that, and thanks for the creative inspiration.

I agree with the guys that are asking for tips and tricks and as the captain of the Anglers Avenue team I will work harder in 2015 to make sure we share more of that. Also thanks to all forum members here who are cheering for us. I can't wait for you all to meet my 6 year old Lilly she was such a blast this year to have on the team! If anybody has any questions about tactics our team used in any event I would be more than happy to share!!

Just watched the 2nd episode. When they were introducing the guy from Peele'n Good it showed that they have an Under 24 division for tournament fishing out there. At this point I don't think there is a big enough tournament interest on Lake O for that but it would be cool if possible to scrape up enough guys to have basically an up and comers side of the tournament.

Edit- Looks like I'm an idiot and thats for boat sizes. Just figured since the guy looked younger it was an age thing.

Edited by PeltHunter