Track system

fathobbit0074

I've been

Looking at Bert's trax tech and Cisco. I've heard bad thing about trax for riggers about how they're not strong enough and they flex and come loose over time. Does anyone run theses and have same prob ?

I've heard the same thing and also customer service has gone into the toilet. He has too many rods in the fire.

Have had Traxstech track and rigger swivels for my long arms since 2008. Never had any issue's with flex or mounts loosening. I did use aluminum backer under gunnel when I rigged to support track. When I walleye fish I pull the two long arms and add more rod holders so if tracks had an issue I would have seen it. I also have a second boat with Bert's that have worked OK too.

We have 48" Traxstech track on the gunnels with good aluminum backing plates and run long arm riggers on swivel pedestals using 15 pound torpedos and have had no problems.  I think the tracks are fine - the key is solid mounting.

I second small boat. The Cisco tracks are of phenomenal quality. A friend turned me on to them and the fit and finish is second to none. All corners are beveled and they come with free end stops that other companies make you purchase separate.

A track is a track right? I thought the same... Lay all of them out side by side and you'll clearly see that Cisco tracks are best. There are some 'attention to detail' features on their product that others lack. David at Cisco is a great guy to work with.