Coyotees

flyak

So I stopped over my friends house for a visit and a breakfast in Bloomfield where I hunt and she had told me he grandson had found 5 deer carcasses lying in an area near a fieldwwhile he was on the tractor . He gathered up the carcasses and piled them in one pile. I asked him about the carcasses and he said it appeared to be one with a bullet hole in it but couldn't see any holes in the other ones. He also said they were all small bodied, probably young of the year. During gun season, my hunting buddy harvested a big male not too far from the same area. There appears to be a pack in the area and howling at night is a a weekly event. Any advice from the seasoned coyote hunters on how I would go about and harvest a couple of dogs. Thanks

5 dead deer in one area seems a little suspicious.  Have you contacted an Encon Officer assigned to that area?  It may have been a bunch of punks shooting deer for fun at night with small caliber rifles.  Encon may have suspects they are watching or even have arrested for the same crime near your location .  Your phone call may result in assisting the investigation or additional charges if they already have them.  At the very least they will keep an eye on the are in the future. PM me if you want a contact.