Garmin EchoMAP 70s

Rippin'Line

Great unit been running one for two years . Fish finder works well and the draw speed on the gps is exceptional. The Garmin G2 card is great for lake Ontario and Erie. Navionics is working on a card I have a 901 Great Lakes East that they gave out for feedback and it can be updated with data from your sounder . There are some good half price deals out there as the unit is being changed from the touch screen to a button model. the stock transducer is good but you can update to the Airmar P66 which is better and get surface speed as a bonus . I have 5 Garmin units and they have been trouble free the last 5 years . This has been my experience and only my opinion some may differ.

Edited by bigblue

I have an Echomap 70DV, and just bought a 70S to use for GPS. I like 2 separate screens. The 70S can be bought for less than $500 now. Here's a couplescreen shots from my 70DV. The bridge one isn't that clear as I had been circling around to get the picture and I had the water all chopped up.garmin70dv1002.pnggarmin70dv1005jpg.jpg

Don't be nervous with the touch screen I have a 720 and 70 echo both touch screen user friendly and have pinch to zoom very fast to work with. No problems two years now.

Edited by bigblue