Snow Geese

I am new to this game. I didn't know they were even around in huntable numbers. I have obtained permission to hunt geese on a farm where there are good numbers landing in corn stubble and clover. My question is what is the minimum amount of decoys I am going to need to have success?

Also get in there and get em right away, have too many times watched them for 2 days do the same thing and fly right by the 3rd day and not even give it a look

Sent from my LGLS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Like bottom said, they land with too many in each field that they eat all the food so quick so they only hit each field for a couple days and move on. And from what we have found the more decoys u can make or buy the better!! Goof luck they are tough to decoy in!

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Like bottom said, they land with too many in each field that they eat all the food so quick so they only hit each field for a couple days and move on. And from what we have found the more decoys u can make or buy the better!! Goof luck they are tough to decoy in!

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You ain't kidding! First attempt on Sunday had group after group fly over the meager 6 decoys we had out and hover just out of range. VERY WARRY BIRDS. We were REALLY well concealed.

Drive around till you find them in a field and get permission to go jump shoot them. We have killed far more that way then trying to decoy them

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

we got about 300 deeksand 2 dozen flyers  now but it takes a lot.Unless you catch the late birds which are younger and easier to get,it was always easier to get them to decoy if the big flocks weren't around,jumping them does get birds but it also drives birds away from areas.next march we will give a another try hopefully.Sometimes they just drop in so fast ,then they hop all over ,lol

Thanks for the replies.  You answered my question about needing a big spread.  I don't have the space to store anymore outdoor stuff and don't want to make the investment either.

there are good guides on the fingerlakes,alot cheaper than buying your spread andeasier on you phsicaly.delaware also has excellent hunts.My one son went to SD a few years ago they got over150 3 guys 3 days of hunting I should have gone.West coast birds are smaller though/