Trailer to Sodus Pro/Am

How many Am's trailer to the Sodus Pro/Am I would like to fish this tournament if I can get a team together but would trailer my boat.  Is there enough dock space to tie up pre-tournament hours or is it packed? Also would warrens allow you to launch sat morning before the tournament?  Just trying to figure this all out.  

All recommendations are appreciated especially from those that have fished this tournament.

Chas,

Give Arney's Marina a call (315-483-9111). The have slips by the day, week or season.  They have their own launch, and they are right next to the public launch.  Prices are reasonable.  They have limited space for boats above 28 feet.

Check out their web site: arneysmarina.com

Chas,

If you are concerned about getting your fish to the weigh in station, Captain Jack's leaves a few boat slips open to temporarily stop and drop off your catch.  This way, you don't have to go back to your boat slip and then transport the fish to the weigh in.

Jim

Chas,

If you are concerned about getting your fish to the weigh in station, Captain Jack's leaves a few boat slips open to temporarily stop and drop off your catch.  This way, you don't have to go back to your boat slip and then transport the fish to the weigh in.

Jim

Yes that was my biggest concern.  I saw you needed to be inside the pier heads by 2pm which would should give me plenty of time to get them there but just wanted to make sure. 

My other question is about boated fish.  Obviously they need to be legal size but after we catch our limit of legal sized fish we are done and cannot fish anymore. We aren't allowed to cull fish or throw back ones that are legal but small.

Am I correct in my thinking?

Ok that is what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. My one buddy was trying to argue with me (bass fisherman) saying tournaments don't work like that.  I told him we weren't bass fishing its salmon and the majority if not all salmon tournaments are setup in that style.

Ok that is what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. My one buddy was trying to argue with me (bass fisherman) saying tournaments don't work like that.  I told him we weren't bass fishing its salmon and the majority if not all salmon tournaments are setup in that style.

Those dang Bass Fisherman. I compete in AM as well. Its a great time. Early ,orning fishing followed by bar hopping evenings. I sleep right on the boat so no need to drive. Arneys is a good spot because of the showers but Krenzer's puts you right on the strip. I know its not a bad drive but idk what a walk would be like back and forth. Probably not too bad. Then again all you need is a bar of soap and a jump in the lake.