Oak Orchard Open - Announcments

Earlier in 2014 we told you about the dates for our second Oak Orchard Open. June 12th-14th

We are going with the same format that was a huge success in our inaugural event. 5 Salmon/5 Trout (no more than 3 of your Trout can be Lake Trout).

Big Fish Friday - $100

Oak Orchard Open - $400

Calcutta - $250

For the guys with gambling problems (kidding) we are adding 1 more way to win a little money. If we can get groups of 8 teams we can run brackets over the three days of fishing. This format puts you up against just 1 boat. If you beat that 1 boat you move on. Round one will be a hat draw for position. If there are enough teams we can run a "Pro" and an "Am" bracket. "Pro" buy in will be $250. I am up for suggestions on the "Am" side. Below is an example of the brackets. Prize money is split 50% for 1st, 35% for 2nd, and 15% goes to the team who gives the biggest beat down. This will be the biggest difference in scores in any match throughout the bracket.

post-139479-0-55762000-1420639284_thumb.jpg

Our biggest complaint last year was prize structure. It was a top loaded structure. This will be our biggest, and most likely only, change in 2015. We will spread the money out more. With that being said once we are ready to start collecting entries I will get that info up on here for the teams.

In the mean time please let us know what amount the "Am" teams would like to use to buy into the bracket.

I would can the division thing and do $100 and $250 brackets. As you collect $, you'll need to keep track the order the entries came in. Example: if 13 teams get into the $250 brackets, you'll need to refund the last 5 teams that got in because you dont have enough for 2 brackets, just 1.

• 1 month later...

I would can the division thing and do $100 and $250 brackets. As you collect $, you'll need to keep track the order the entries came in. Example: if 13 teams get into the $250 brackets, you'll need to refund the last 5 teams that got in because you dont have enough for 2 brackets, just 1i don

I don't think he would have too refund 5 anglers in your sinariro, why not just pair up 4 of them and give the last draw a bye round. if there is a odd number of players.

Edited by motoman

I don't thing here would have too refund 5 in your sinariro why not just pair up 4 of them and give the last draw a bye round. 

Can we get a translation on this? I tried Google and they couldn't even translate it, and they can translate every language I've ever heard of plus a lot more!

Edited by Yankee Troller

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds tempting; I like the structure. Long ride from Sodus though.

Tim @ Krenzers, and Kevin Jerge @ the Wilson Boat Yard both have trailers that would be able to move your boat for you. This keeps the wear and tear off your boat also. 

william 

we could put a team together on your old boat 

let me know 

matt briggs

More teams = more $$$ and more fun! If ya can.....try not to combine teams. However, 1 is better than 0. Can't wait! Clock is tick'n! It'll be here before we know it!

That new-to-you Pursuit wasn't meant to sit dockside. Whether you trailer or take advantage of the lower gas prices and run it down, come west and play! I will assure you that whatever happens you will be glad that you did. One of the best parts of tournament fishing is seeing the different ports and people, and in this case experiencing a very different format!

That new-to-you Pursuit wasn't meant to sit dockside. Whether you trailer or take advantage of the lower gas prices and run it down, come west and play! I will assure you that whatever happens you will be glad that you did. One of the best parts of tournament fishing is seeing the different ports and people, and in this case experiencing a very different format!

It has been a while since I fished the Oak. We used to come up and fish with Butch on the Pisces for a day and then fish for a few days out of my 20' Penn Yan. It was a great way to learn.This is sounding more and more like a good Idea.