custom down riggers weights

No because the color scheme is similar to how Whitetails disappear.  Dark on top where the light is brightest, green sides and a light bottom will flatten the imprint and make them less visible.

My 12lb weights came in today. They look great. I'm going to use them this weekend. The winter King fishing has been good this year but they have been deeper than normal, I'm hoping this will help with the blow back at these depths. Thanks for shipping these to Alaska!

I met with Rich and his wife today (the maker of them) and bought three of the weights. They are VERY nice and he even made a wooden box with sections to hold the weights. He is also a fisherman who fishes Lake O and the Finger Lakes and we chatted for quite a bit. He is a real nice guy and was kind enough to meet me half way under VERY crappy weather conditions today and I can't wait to try out these weights as they appear as though they will slip through the water beautifully. He makes a really great looking product at a fair price (a rare finding these days). I went with black to match the rest of my weights :lol:  Les

I'm glad that everyone has given great feedback so far. I'm thinking about putting my weights with bent tails out, I have tested and am very happy with the way that they track out away from the boat. I am looking for feedback on this idea. Should I invest in it? I have sold about twenty sets of the straight tails and have that many more in stock. Lead is expensive so I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks, [email protected]

Rich I'd stick with them just the way they are....many folks want them to track as accurately downward with minimal "blowback". It looks as though if someopne wanted to CAREFULLY bend the fin on the current ones it could be done. 

Up til this point the main reason that these weights are so inexpensive is Because I didn't have to buy the lead or tail material. That gravy train has come to an end. The price will be going up next week,so get your orders in before you miss the boat!