Global Warming?

And 14,000 years ago Lake Ontario was under a mile high glacier. It's too simple to extrapolate 100 years of meterological data when ignoring long term, poorly understood trends with more variables than we can incorporate into our models. The conclusions are Myopic.

We may all be myopic.  Global warming is only but one issue and its origin may become irrelevant in the final analysis because the world as we know it is rapidly deteriorating in quality for many reasons some of which may be related to the natural cycle of things and others which are directly attributable to human actions or inaction. The oceans are becoming devoid of fish (over fishing, pollution etc.) and wildlife, Air quality in many places in the world is atrocious, Here closer to home the acid rain has spoiled much of the fresh water lakes and streams in the Adirondacks, tropical rainforests are disappearing at the speed of light. Some of the problems that at first glance appear to be "natural" in outcome have their origins in man made situations (e.g. Zebras, Quaggas, Flying Carp, Water fleas, and on and on from careless human acts). Many species of wildlife are vanishing before our very eyes and we choose to focus on "global warming"  as the prime issue of the day polarizing our views and blinding us to the myriad of destructive events taking place all around us many of which do have clear cut answers. The real issue to be concerned with is what are we going to do to change in a meaningful way how we interact with the environment to insure that our decendants have a viable set of resources to maintain them with a decent quality of life today and into the future .

Edited by Sk8man

There's been too much deceit by these so called scientists to take them seriously for my satisfaction. Mann refusing to release his data for peer review, the Climategate emails revealing man made adjustments to the temperature data, hide the decline but what really sealed it for me was when they tried to tell me that this cooling we're experiencing is caused by global warming. This all started with a man the New York Times once called The Custodian of the Planet, Maurice Strong, an oil tycoon.

Great points by many people on this debate! especially Les.. My opinion is that we are experiencing early onset of cabin fever, We need to go ice fishing!!! :lol::lol:

Yes! I have noticed that sitting on your icehole for hours without moving and, in my case, being large of stature, both horizontal and vertical, the ice does not melt or reflect sunlight back to the ionosphere in my shadow, thereby reducing the warming phenomenon.....I think...?

Ray Koziatek theory employed here :blink:

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hear u about lots of misinformation on Climate change and global warming ETC..Some out right lies. Question u have to ask your self is who benifits form sitting back and doing nothing?  Sure as heck isn't us, yet half of us believe its BS..I think if we all do a little checking we mite have different thoughts..Check this out when u have a few mins..Run up - Ca. ground water loss satellite images..Data from Nasa's satille shows some stunning images..I tell u this, these images aren't from every thing being ok..Have to remember this is just the begining of what can be a problem that is not checked can leave our next generation in a pretty tough spot..BTW  alot has changed since all that BS came about through AL GORE...

I hear u about lots of misinformation on Climate change and global warming ETC..Some out right lies. Question u have to ask your self is who benifits form sitting back and doing nothing?  Sure as heck isn't us, yet half of us believe its BS..I think if we all do a little checking we mite have different thoughts..Check this out when u have a few mins..Run up - Ca. ground water loss satellite images..Data from Nasa's satille shows some stunning images..I tell u this, these images aren't from every thing being ok..Have to remember this is just the begining of what can be a problem that is not checked can leave our next generation in a pretty tough spot..BTW  alot has changed since all that BS came about through AL GORE...

3f;

The amount of crop irrigation going on in CA doesn't help!

John

I've got to agree with Tim's comment that the oceans are a major player. And unfortunately, they're more susceptible to our screwing around than the atmosphere...think of rain as a means of washing all that crap back into the oceans. Anybody who wants to argue the point can look at the effect of acid rain. Limited in scope, but undeniably real. 

I had a friend who recently published in Science on the ocean carbon cycle. There's some scary stuff going on out there. We're seeing large anoxic zones and there's an increased incidence of red tides globally. The oceans are actually a better indicator of global warming than the weather above ground. As Les said, there's no doubt it's occurring. Playing the blame game gets us nowhere, but...you've got to consider the worse case scenario. What might happen? Is the price worth it? That having been said: is there anything that we can even do?

I think Big Water hit the nail on the head when he mentioned "balance"...this is the "missing link" in the equation and is key to the solutions but some things have a "critical period" attached to them after which it may be too late to restore any sense of balance. Even very "primitive" people whether in Australia, Africa, or the Americas fully understood this necessary concept and integrated it within their lives....we have a lot to learn from them and hopefully before it is too late. Technology can be wonderful but it is not the answer to everything.

Moderation applies to human population also. The more people, the greater the environmental impact and the leaner existence for all.

Even the pope,while in the Phillipines, said that people should stop breeding like rabbits.In those very words.