Big boards for copper and core.

Longer lengths on the inside. If the outer line fires you want it to be higher in the water column so that as it swibgs back behind the boat, it'll pass over the deeper inside line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Longer lengths on the inside. If the outer line fires you want it to be higher in the water column so that as it swibgs back behind the boat, it'll pass over the deeper inside line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Correct, my bad.

Quick early morning responce. :thinking:

OR you could just run inlines and never have to worry about it. Redeployment of an outside big board line is all but impossible with long coppers. With inlines it's as simple as can be.

We will be discussing these methods and techniques at the LOTSA Super Salmon Seminar on the 24th in Niagara Falls. You will be amazed at how easy inlines are to use once you learn some simple techniques!

If you haven't signed up for the class you still can at the LOTSA site---hopefully it's fixed. ðŸ˜

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I run inlines tx 22's for my spread up to 300 copper And 10 color. Anything above that u need 44's. And they suck. I've run them a while but no more. I'll run. 300-200 100 copper on. One side. 300 closest to boat. Them 10 7 4. Core on other I'm done with 44's. Is there anyway to redeploy outside lines if it catches a fish.

OR you could just run inlines and never have to worry about it. Redeployment of an outside big board line is all but impossible with long coppers. With inlines it's as simple as can be.

We will be discussing these methods and techniques at the LOTSA Super Salmon Seminar on the 24th in Niagara Falls. You will be amazed at how easy inlines are to use once you learn some simple techniques!

If you haven't signed up for the class you still can at the LOTSA site---hopefully it's fixed.

It's fixed, just at a different location  it's now www.lotsa1.org/index.html

stupid web hosting company. :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

I would keep in mind how big your boat is.  Having the space and transom width of Paul's boat is one thing to run multiple junk lines.  Having to untangle a FUBAR copper in the back of a Lund is an entirely different beast.  I have an eight foot transom and limit myself to two junk lines per side Max.  I use linecounters for my leadcore and have the exact distance to the lure figured and written on each reel.  As others have said, the outer lines are run higher and further back.  In the spring my 4 junk line spread is usually all leadcore.  One side will have a five and seven color core, the other side will have an eight and a six color (run off Otter boats/double keel).  So .....say the starboard side will have a five color with a set-back slightly longer than the seven color.  Let out all the 5 color and then backing until I have gone at least 20' longer than the seven color+50' of backing in the water.  The effect is two spoons running approx. 10' apart vertically and say 20' horizontally on the planer line.  To reset the outside line back over the inside core....I take the inside core off the release and place in on a release on the other side of the boat temporarily or you can keep it down the shoot and temporarily send it down with a torpedo diver attached to an OR-16 to get it out of the way from your reset.  Let out the higher core and send it out.....let it ride a little, then swap out the inside core back into its original position on the original side.  This works the same for a leadcore on the outside/ copper on the inside - 4 junk line spread.  Know your depths of the junk lines and know how far back the stuff is running and you will go tangle-free.  If you are going to add divers to such a spread, I would recommend using Mag divers without a ring to power the diver rig deep and close to the transom so you are less likely to catch any falling junk lines. 

Boat width has nothing to do with it. In fact, I developed my inline tactics based on tips from friends in Michigan while I was fishing out of a 16' Sylvan! Inlines were MADE for small boat deployment!

Not sure why you think TX44s "suck" but would love to hear about it. 44's will whip a big King on a long copper faster than anything!

Boat width has nothing to do with it. In fact, I developed my inline tactics based on tips from friends in Michigan while I was fishing out of a 16' Sylvan! Inlines were MADE for small boat deployment!

Not sure why you think TX44s "suck" but would love to hear about it. 44's will whip a big King on a long copper faster than anything!

I am not making a commentary about if it can or can't be done with a small boat, rather if you had to untangle a mess in the back of the boat with a small vessel....it shuts everything down. God forbid you are untangling copper when another rod goes off. There is a big difference Paul.....and yes I fish out of my friend's 16' Polar Craft, my 23' boat, as well as some of the largest in the fleet. Maybe as part of the presentation Paul you could give suggestions on what best to do with a copper FUBAR at the LOTSA lecture as I am sure there is a trick to it. I look forward to the lecture. The original poster's questions are about using his otter boats.

Edited by Gill-T

I've run tx44 for a couple seasons And I've come to the realization that there must be a better way for longer copper deployment. The 44's hAve a problem. Diving right at the boat. And one of the biggest.fish last year was lost due to a board poping off and sliding down to hit fish.i was a believer untill someone showed me the light with double keeled otters I'll run 6 22's with ease. But I'm done fighting 44's

I got some. 44's for sale if anyone is interested

Don't give up on those 44's just yet.   If you can get to the Lotsa show, bring them with you.   We will trade you a set of our modified 44's for your stock boards.  The modified boards will run so far out and so easily it is almost like they are not even attached.   They are the only boards we run now..for 150 coppers and longer. 5 boards a side...

True true.   One of our captains runs an 18 foot modified jon boat with 4 boards a side using inlines and bird trees for his rods..

What I don't understand , if this is a forum about sharing ideas and techniques why do I keep hearing the need to buy a ticket to a trade show to learn about all these techniques. What gives? I already pay a fee to this site so I don't have to deal with advertising. Correct me if I 'm wrong.

Thanks,

Dan