Holed up

Man! Hard to fiqure a hound crawling in let alone 2!..reminds me of a friend that had a dachshund that had to be dug out of a woodchuck hole quite often. Couldn't turn around! Woodchuck snapping on the dogs face too!...hope hound is gonna be ok.

wow! My brother-in-law had a Jack Russell Terrier that went right down holes twice....once he killed a fox and brought it back out and another time it was a woodchuck and he dusted both them....tough little guy...but on the downside ha also bit the pizza delivery guy and a UPS guy in the butt :lol:

Ive seen several holed and dug out a few dogs, but never had em hole twice.  Gets a little hairy pulling the dogs out the hole when they lock jaws!!!!!  Old timers used to twist up barb wire to tangle in the yotes fur in order to pull out the yote if the yote didnt come out with the dogs....very sketchy at best!  We need snow around here....just crust to tear up feet here.

Ive seen several holed and dug out a few dogs, but never had em hole twice.  Gets a little hairy pulling the dogs out the hole when they lock jaws!!!!!  Old timers used to twist up barb wire to tangle in the yotes fur in order to pull out the yote if the yote didnt come out with the dogs....very sketchy at best!  We need snow around here....just crust to tear up feet here.

My Dad has told me stories of getting coon out like that.

Ive had the coyote come out the hole while I was cutting roots in the hole.  Literally ran right up my arms and jumped off my shoulder with the dog in tow before I could even think about getting outta the hole.  That particular coyote was howling in the hole when we walked up on it.   

anybody ever hear of using ferrets? Old timer i know said his dad, back in the depression used a ferret to hunt rabbits. Sometimes the ferret would stay in the hole and eat the rabbit so he left his hat at the base of the hole and would come back later on and find the little guy sleeping in his hat. Cool story about the YOTES though!!! 

Soak tennis balls in kerosene light them up ant kick it in the hole. They will come out. That's how an ole timer taught me how to kill chucks.

When I was younger, there was an older gentleman that I used to run with. He said way back when they ran fox, and when the fox ran in a hole they would take burlap sacks and light them on fire and stick down the hole. There was usually another entrance/air hole a few yards away and they would wait there and club the fox when they came out.