Niagara Fishing Expo/ LOTSA Jan 23-25

Legacy

January 23-25 will be the 2nd annual Niagara Fishing Expo. http://niagarafishingexpo.com/This is the biggest show locally of its kind for us trout and salmon guys. If you have been lots and lots of relevant vendors http://niagarafishingexpo.com/exhibitor-list/ and along with seminars all day long. Check out the website for more info. 

This show also plays host to the LOTSA Marketplace (Sunday) and the LOTSA Salmon School (Saturday).  http://www.lotsa1.org/index2.htm

If you only have one day to go to the show, which day would you go? Was thinking about going Friday because it would not be as crowded, however somewhat interested in the marketplace on Sunday. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you only have one day to go to the show, which day would you go? Was thinking about going Friday because it would not be as crowded, however somewhat interested in the marketplace on Sunday. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would say sunday because of the LOTSA Marketplace

Hey guys Ultimate Outdoors of WNY will be set up in booths 18 and 19 right next to ITO Flies. We will be carrying products from Torpedo Divers, Church Tackle, Kishel Fish Scent, Traxstech, Moonshine Lures, Woodstock Leadcore, Fishing Butlers. We also will be offering our tournament proven worm harnesses, all components to make your own harnesses,harness blades from Warrior, Silver Streak, Tylers Basement Creation, and Kranx Lures. On the hunting side we will have Kishels Scents, U-Slide Bow Holders, Grizzly Coolers, Barnett Crossbows and accessories, Nock out Lighted Nocks, and many other hunting and fishing Products. Capt. Jim Skoczylas (fishkiller), Rob Kroh, and Mike Pask (Bailey) of will be conducting 2 walleye seminars. The first will be Tournament Winning Stealth Walleye Techniques on Saturday at 4:00 pm and the second one will be Building and Running your Worm Harnesses that will be on Sunday at 12:30 pm. Capt. Lucas Falkner of Make the Turn Charters will be Conducting 2 seminars. The first will be Lake Ontario Summertime Trout & Salmon Techniques on Saturday at 10:00 am and the second will be Spring Lake Ontario Brown Trout Techniques on Saturday at 4:00 pm. Stop by our Facebook Page and give us a like to keep updated any additional products added this week! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Outdoors-of-WNY/228741153979264

The musky seminars each day will be assume.I wish I would have been around to be on the Musky Round Table on Sunday at 12:30, but I fly out of Toronto for Guyana South America guiding clients in the rain forest fishing for Peacock Bass & Arapima for 6 weeks!

Good luck to all my friends doing the seminars!

Edited by mostlymuskies

I'll be donating a custom rod for one of the raffles prizes. I'm not sure if LOTSA plans to raffle it off as one of the prizes for Saturday's seminar or if it will be one of the raffle prizes for the Sunday marketplace (or possibly both days). If you're interested, don't forget to inquire about it when you're at the convention center. I believe the proceeds will go to help cover some of the expenses LOTSA incurs running the pen rearing project in Olcott Harbor each spring.

There are also kids activities including a trout pond, and Scott Brauer from Maki Plastic will be there with his demo tank and kids activities.

In our seminars we will be covering some of the basics of ice fishing (like how to set up jigging rods and tip-ups), advanced techniques (like using Automatic Fishermen units), electronics on the ice, tactics for different times of the season, some of the latest ideas and gear around ice safety, and an in-depth look at the NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series and NYS Winter Classic Tournament. At our booth we will be featuring some of the latest gear from Plano, Frabill, Aqua-Vu, Hydro Glow, and others that we are giving away at this year's events!

We're looking forward to seeing many of you there!!

Tom, 

Thanks for the kind words. 

In checking in with Joe Yaeger yesterday, It sounds like they would like to use the custom rod as a raffle prize with tickets sold to attendees of Saturday's salmon school. Proceeds from the raffle will fund the purchase of various fishing gear targeted to kids. The kids fishing gear will later be given away as prizes.

Joe asked me to coordinate the raffle ticket sales for the rod at the seminar, so I'll be doing that. I'll have the rod at the seminar, and I believe the plan is to draw the winning ticket at the end of the day. I'll make a final announcement with all the details at some point tomorrow morning during the seminar.

It's my understanding that the funding of the spring rearing nets (which I mentioned in an earlier post) is happening in a different way.

Edited by John E Powell