And So it goes..........

Has Been

So they played with soft balls? How does that work an advantage when the balls are kicked? Maybe the balls are easier to grip or grab while fumbling the balls? I don't know. ...maybe Brady's wife Gisele, can shed some light on the balls in question...

After all, she said he has to play with the balls all by himself. Throw the balls and catch them too! ..after the loss to Giants and their hard balls.

Edited by skipper19

At least they didn't stand in the endzone playing with theirs like Lynch did....

On the other hand the balls were inspected during halftime by the refs.  Why not caught then?  or were they caught then, thus they whomped the colts in the 2nd half with properly inflated ones? 

Each team is supposed to play with their own so do they kick off with their own or do they use the receiving teams ball?  If they kick with their own, why didn't the colt kickoff receiver notice anything? If they kick with the other teams ball, why didn't the Colt kicker notice it?

Kind of makes you think a little.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Oh stop whining already.

Look at the positive side.

The bills defeated the patriots in boston. That means that the bills are very much better than the colts! (whatever that means).

I've never seen a game where a ref doesn't handle the ball before every play.  In fact it's the same ref that spots the ball on the line of scrimmage regardless of who has possession.  The ref couldn't tell after the first exchange of possession?

Maybe football refs could learn something from baseball umps.  The umps are very conscious of the ball.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I use to coach youth football. Each team had to supply  a new game ball for that teams use chosen by the leauge.We did not use theirs , they did not use ours. Our  guys had a hard time w/ the snap etc w/ those balls .Real leather , A J5J. I have one on my coffee table.  It was like a block of ice. I took some air out of the balls before the games & it made a huge difference. So when I  first heard this I laughed out loud.

There are kick balls for kicking only.Look close on the kicking T  & you will see a K in the white on the ball. Most kickers like them inflated to the max so they fly farther .

Colts filed a complaint w/ the  NFL the first time they played them this year about the same thing.

So why did the guy spotting the ball not know?A guy that touched thousands of footballs in his life?  Maybe he did . Patriots have been getting the calls for a long time. I get sick of watching their games because of it.

I like Wilbons take.

What else have they done to cheat to win some of the close games they were in. 

Also, if the ball is inflated, Maybe Brady throws a incomplete or a pic 6 instead of a TD in the first drive or quarter instead of being up by 14, could have changed the whole dynamic of the game, But we won't know becuse , THEY CHEATED. DQ them if this is true.

They won in the last seconds of the Ravens game. Same ball?

Edited by Has Been

It's my understanding that a complaint was made in November, the first time the Pats played Indy. So the officials came into this game knowing that a complaint was made. The balls were inspected as per the rules before the game so they had to be deflated after the officials inspected them. As a life long fan, I'm sick about this! Sure other QB's mess with the ball but never after the initial inspection.

This had to be done on Brady's order. He is the one that handles the ball. They were the way he wants them to be. And when asked, he laughs about it.

Goodell has a mess on his hands. People from all walks of life are outraged about this.

If nothing is done and it is proven , I may pop my favorite movie , " Stripes " in during the game.

Just to play "devil's advocate ", doesn't anybody find the whole ball handling process odd? Inspecting balls and then giving them back. My what can possibly go wrong in this situation. Let the foxes guard the chicken house and then wonder why the count is light. Whole situation is stupid IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Out of all of this I feel sorry for the Pats fans, Im glad its not the Steelers, Id hate to have to sit there and explain " Oh it didn't have anything to do with them winning the game"

Man to keep hearing that song and dance......... We have rules for a reason.  If it didn't have anything to do with them winning, then throw the rule out, start deflating balls, oh wait, theres an advantage? We need to keep the rule now?  Then toss the win to Indy.  Funny a local HS team was DQd for a sectional semi ? Aquinas, I think for not following the rules........    So let me see, Option A - Lose in playoffs / Win nothing  or  Option B - Win playoffs / pay 500K fine / 250K team fine / lose a draft pick -  all if your caught / But go to the Super bowl and make millions from it??????   hhhmmmmmm.

So a deflated ball prevents you from being tackle? Who Cares! This competitive edge happens in every sport. Basketball teams use a softer ball against fastbreak teams Or a overflaTed againts a 3 pt shooting team. Baseball teams let the grass grow high and thick if they have a slow team or shorter if the have a fast team.

If you guys are getting paid millions of dollars you guys would do the same things the pros are doing. anyone who said they wouldn't are lying.

The bottom line is the Colts got schooled and beat like a redheaded step child.

And I'm not a pro sports fan. To me they are just high paid entertainers.

Gas law (rearanged)

P2=(P1V1T2)/(T1V2)

P = pressure

V = Volume

T = temperature (K)

1 = initial

2 = final

Assumptions RT = 300K where balls were inflated (a bit toasty).  Playing field was 273K (I deflated it a bit - 32F)  initial Football pressure was 12.5psi. Volume is constant so we can rearange more time.

P2=P1T2/T1

P2=12.5*273/300 = 11.3psi

For P1 = 13.5psi

P2 = 12.3psi

I cut (rel. small) corners because I can and do not care.  I also assumed worse case scenario with temp difference which is also false.  Here is an article that explains it better and in more precise terms.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/weather/2015/01/20/inflate-gate-weather-roll/22065861/