Lotsa meet in Niagara Falls.

rolmops

I visited the once yearly Lotsa meet in Niagara Falls this afternoon and had a great time. It was fun to meet some of the people who write comments in the LOU site. The overall atmosphere was friendly and upbeat.

It was nice to hear Tom from A-Tom-Mik tell me that our team "Horsin Around" is really good enough to participate in the A-Tom-Mik Invitational,even though he failed to convince me. It's not that we are not good enough,it's just that we are not lucky enough.Or maybe we are just horsin' around.

The partitions in the hall made for clearly defined tables. There was so much going on in the Lotsa room that it was not until the end of my stay that I went into the other room to see what there was to see and I almost ended up buying a Hoby fishing kayak with pedals instead of peddles. Then there was the horned owl and his handler. He reminded me of the one winged short toed (snake) eagle who was my pet many years ago

All in all, I really enjoyed this year's happening.

It better be a very good salmon catching year, I want to have an opportunity to use and loose all the flies that Tom had to offer today.

May the kings shred every last one!

Edited by rolmops

This was my first time at LOTSA and I traveled there with a couple good buds and we had a lot of fun and laughs to and from as well. There was a great assortment of equipment and a lot of it was very reasonably priced (I later emphasized this fact to my wife :lol: ). It was a very well put together venue and the folks involved deserve a big high five for the efforts. I'm already looking forward to next year. For those of you on the fence about going to it....you're missing a good time. It was also fun connecting with fellow LOU ites. Thanks Tim :yes:

Edited by Sk8man

I suggest we wear name tags and LOU IDs. It would be nice to tie faces to members.

Or maybe not, with my radical views,anonimity is a beautiful thing. Besides,I do not want everybody to know that I am this tall good looking giant instead of a pickle rolled up in a herring.

Edited by rolmops

:):lol: All kidding aside I think Big Waters suggestion is a good one.  I really enjoyed connecting with familiar faces of folks I know but I knew there were a lot more LOU folks there but no way to tell who was who.

Edited by Sk8man

Or maybe not, with my radical views,anonimity is a beautiful thing. Besides,I do not want everybody to know that I am this tall good looking giant instead of a pickle rolled up in a herring.

We're all tall good looking giants behind the keyboard. It's the bumps, warts and imperfections that make us real, interesting people. Edited by Big Water

My second trip, I apologize for bringing Les with me but felt he needs to get out once in a while.

Rolling back the partition this year made the LOTSA room a great experience, you could stop and chat without feeling like you where in everyone else's way. Very nice assortment & layout, hats off to the members that worked hard setting it up. I hope to make it to the salmon class next year! The other show seemed larger and more complete as well.

Bob

Thanks guys, it takes a ton of time and effort to put that together every year and it's nice to know that it's worth doing. Sounds like I missed quite a few of you as I was walking around. Would have liked to have finally met Les. I met Rolmops last year at the show. Saw lots of familiar faces like Big Dave, who I think has come to every one of them, both the Salmon Schools and the EXPO/ Marketplace. The Main Show had a ton of great 1hr seminars throughout the weekend, I hope you guys took advantage of some of those.

That said, I'm glad it's finally over for another year, between the Salmon School and the Marketplace I've been working on that since mid September. It'll be good to get a little break now.

Thanks to everyone that came out, your support is greatly appreciated.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Tim Bromund

Great Job Tim, and to Joe Yeager and Bill Hilts Jr as well. I'm not sure how it will all shake out to the "bean counters", but the show organizers, staff, and Sportfishing liasons were some of the most accomodating and cordial I've been around. I guess we can all agree, these types of things are needed very badly in the NF area. Very happy that the pen project benefited as well.

Appreciate the efforts of Joe, Tim and the other staff that put this on. I enjoyed meeting Big Dave and other LOU members. The larger room for the market was great for shoppers, vendors and to socialize. Real happy with the whole weekend as it makes a nice January getaway. Good way to kick off 2015.

Thanks for putting on another great event guys.  The larger room was a great improvement over last year.  Also nice to see the growth over last year not only in the main marketplace but in the presentations.  Very well done.

We also managed to put a few more faces to LOU friends.  Can't wait for spring to put the "new" tackle and techniques to the test! 

Ahhhhhh it's not your radical views that bother us...Just your far left progressive views. Lmao...J/K

Tim- I'll make sure to connect with you next time for sure.  I forgot to mention too that the way the place was arranged (all tables in one room in predictable rows with varied merchandise was terrific) it allowed me to remember where I had seen my intended purchases and not trying to remember which room they were in (important for us dinosaurs :lol: ). It was a wonderful event and it was very obvious that a lot of thinking and preparation went into it. Folks if you don't go next time you'll be short changing yourselves for sure....it is truly a great event! I rigged up most of my purchases today :)

Ahhhhhh it's not your radical views that bother us...Just your far left progressive views. Lmao...J/K

Thank you for recognizing my ideas as progressive.

After all, if not for progress we would still be wearing bear skins and use stone tools.

Edited by rolmops

I have attended the last three Salmon Schools and Lotsa Sales and thought that this year's edition was the best I've seen.

The format of the school (with an emphasis on questions and answers) was a terrific change. The presenters were able to

provide their (sometimes conflicting) opinions, which helped to point out that often, whatever works, is the correct answer. Paul, Greg, and Mark each shared their tricks and secrets in an easy to follow fashion and appeared to have as much fun as the attendees. Good job and thanks guys.

The Marketplace was also vastly improved.  The larger room made for a much more relaxing experience. I believe that both

buyers and sellers benefitted greatly.

The LOTSA volunteers deserve a great deal of thanks for a wonderful job again this year. Thanks!

On another note, the Niagra Show was a much better product than last year.  The organizers of the show really took a major

step forward in 2015.

Looking forward to spring.

Thanks and great job to Joe Yeager, Tim Bromund and all of the LOTSA volunteers.  Also, to Bill Hilts for the time and effort to put this together again.  (I understand how this works and its a lot of effort, energy and hope)

It was good to see some familiar faces from "up there", share some fishing stories and say hello to some new and familiar faces.  We will be back next year to support the event again.

Thanks to all.

Capt. Pete

Great Lakes Tackleshop.com

www.greatlakestackleshop.com

A good crew of Canadians made our annual trek across the river to take in the weekend. As always its a great time to catch up with fellow anglers and friends, pick up some more gear and get the blood flowing.

Thanks again to the whole LOTSA team and those involved with the main show. It seems to be growing!