Sold / Closed Parting out my Thompson in the Spring

Tim Bromund

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOLD----------------------SOLD---------------------------SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY GUYS, THE BOAT IS GONE.  I SOLD IT IN AUGUST.

Hi Guys,

Just  heads up at this point, My 1986 Thompson 24' Hardtop has kind of officially bought the farm, so once winter is over and I unwrap it, I'm going to be parting out what I can before I junk the hull.

Item's I'll be looking to try and sell off of it:

• It has a good 5.0L Mercruiser (230HP) Engine, MR/Alpha 1 outdrive and transom assembly.  The trim motor on the transom assembly was replaced 2 years ago.  I'll either sell as a complete powertrain or as components.  It is in the boat and you can hear it run
  • Anyone with a soft top Thompson looking to upgrade to a hardtop,  It looks like the HT is just screwed down to the gunwales, so it should come off the boat fairly easily. Complete with Drop Curtains and a Full Camper Canvas Enclosure.
  • 1998 Shorelander tandem axle bunk trailer.  The bunks need to be replaced which I will do in the spring before I sell the trailer, once the boat is off it.
  • 60 Gallon Aluminum Gas Tank.
  • Full Teak Cabin Door Assembly.
  • full width Teak Swim Platform (Maybe. depends on whether I can use it on whatever this boat's replacement will be)
  • Any other odds and ends, Thompson trim pieces that might be salvageable.

I haven't thought much about pricing yet since we're still a couple months away from doing anything with it, but if anyone sees anything on the list you're interested in, PM me here on LOU and we can talk.

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

Tim,

Sorry to hear you aren't able to salvage it.....must be almost like parting with a family member. Best of luck with whatever you get to "replace" it. Les

• 7 months later...