Advice for Keuka Lake Outlet

Dresden area near the mouth the the outlet into Seneca Lake has various species at that time of year out from the big pipe in front of the electric plant and the mouth itself. The problem will be where to launch the boat if trailered. There used to be a private launch there but I'm not sure it is there anymore.  Severne Point launch is quite a long way down the west side of the lake to the south especially for a smaller slower boat but you'd have quick access to lake trout water right there out front.

Edited by Sk8man

They will be able to target lakers and all species for that matter. Fish 10 to 30 feet flat lining or even sinkers on spoons to get down a few feet. Good spot that time of year.

Nick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the info. One of the friends is getting married and was asked what he would like to do before. A few days on a Finger Lake and some fishing came up. They are looking into launching at or near the cabin. Looked at the satelite photos for the area ---looks good.

That time of year, finding bait pods and jigging with plastic is a blast. Search for some of the threads here on how to set up for it. The lakers will be in shallow...could find them from 30-70 fow, easy.

Looks like they could use a launch near Dresden.  The cabin owner did not know of one.  Thought the members might know of something.  They will not need parking.  trailering to Seveme would be easy but having the boat at the cabin would be nice. 

This is the first time my son has been using LOU and is enjoying the info and process of getting it.

Thank you again!

There was once a small launch there at one of the cottages fairly near the mouth of the outlet. It was a private one that I used only once and the guy charged $5.00 back then but that was pre- Severne too.

Nuts,

1. Excellent municipal multiple launch ramps-car/trailer parking in Penn Yan. Take Route 14A to to 54A- go south one block, turn east on Keuka   St- go to the end of the street, turn right on Water St and there you are.

2. Keuka Lake St. Park-- launch ramps and car/trailer parking. Take Route 54A to park entrance on east side of lake, just before Branchport.

Good luck,

Chas

• 1 month later...

Was at an estate auction last year and got a tackle box loaded with lures for the Fingers, some home made. Lots of Cleos. Hope the men will put them to

good use in May

The home made lures were made by "Eddie" I know little about him. He use to fish out of Jakes on Keuka. Seemed to have an excellent rep for getting fish.

His spoons were like Suttons, thin, flutter, with a greater curve. I have seen them work well.

• 2 weeks later...