illegal fish and the newspaper is too stupid to realize it

tbulhead

The Rocheaster Democrat and Chronicle had an article today on ice fishing. At the bottom of the article is a picture of a pile of fish with the caption "Fish caught by ice fishermen sit on top of snow in Greece on Saturday, January 24, 2015". The problem is the picture shows four perch and one largemouth bass. You think they would know the bass is out of season.

Floyd King wrote an article on how most of the prime hunting spots are now posted.  Well he owned some land and he also posted it.  I know someone who took down the posted sign and mailed it to him with the article along with a note with some choice words.

Well...yeah. Otherwise, he'd have ended up with every yahoo gunslinger around tromping around like they own the place. Making an observation about access being a limiting factor didn't mean that he disagreed with posting land. Funny story, though.

It's amazing how many guys texted me yesterday about that bass in the paper. It was the first thing that I thought when I saw the picture, too. If you pay attention, I swear that the D&C pulls out some canned text at the same time every year on preordained topics. Oh, it's the first weekend in February. Time to do the Braddock's piece. 

I want Floyd King back.

He was a fantastic outdoor writer.

Always got it right.

Floyd was good. Being a DEC retiree he didn't get everything right but he did stick to hunting and fishing.  That what I wanted to read. I didn't care for other outdoor stuff Leo concentrated on. That and the D&C being way too liberal I discontinued reading the paper

I don't know how you get they're too liberal...too hard to find any news among all the ads.  They could probably have gotten last Sunday's issue onto 1 1/2 pages if it wasn't for the ads.

Tom B.

(LongLine)