kicker on a swim platform

rod hog

yes no problem,I purchased a "Garelick Stationary Outboard Motor Bracket-Horizontal Platform Mount"

online very sturdy,just watch your kicker weight as per the bracket you buy as they have weight ratings.

I went to the site to purchase a swim platform bracket and to my surprise they have the dimensions of the brackets, so I drew up a plan from the site and had my buddy who is a welder fabricator and he made one for me out of aluminum which is what they are made of from the factory. I am very pleased with it and it as very sturdy. I was able to come up with a simple steering rod to connect kicker to the I/O so I can steer from the helm.

As long as your bracket is secured properly there are no problems trailering. I trailer mine from Syracuse to Oswego - 30 miles each way and Syracuse to Fairhaven - 40 miles each way consistently with no ssues. Just check the clamps/bolts to make sure they are tight before you leave

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I mounted my 9.9 0n my swim platform on my 268 searay..It was a long shaft t but not n

long enough to get a good bite under thw transom.So i bought a 1/2 plate of aluminum and mounted it on my swim bracketThen I mounted my old OMC kickdown bracket..I got it 6 in deeper just enough to get even with the bottom.I also had a extra support bracket made so the motor had alot of support.Three years use and no loosening,a great backup .I plan on a 4 stroke this year suski to replace my 2 stroke 9.9.Swim platform mounts work but you have to beef them up and find a way to get the motor deep enough to work

Edited by john1947