New bill to repeal Safe Act.

Gee if we had voted for the other guy back in November, we wouldn't be going through this.  Guys can get up at 4:00 AM and fish all day or sit in a deer stand but can't take fifteen minutes to go to their polls.  I don't know how honest the other guy was but he was going to repeal it.

I got a mailing from Funke's office yesterday pleading to sign the online petition. Took no effort at all to sign. My fish & game club just put out an e-mail to 300 members to do the same thing.

In this case him being a senator I would think he will at least be able to show all the people against the safe act & it may help him in his fight in the senate to repeal the safe act. All we can do is hope.

Question here. Even if the Senate somehow voted for repeal does the Assembly also have to vote for repeal and does Cuomo have to sign it? If so, never going to happen! I'm not trying to put a damper on anything, but those scenarios have to happen and it's just not going to happen. I'm signing it though! Thanks for the link.

Edited by MikeyP

MikeyP, I believe what you are saying is true. I think the Assembly would have to go along with it but if they did I think they could over ride Cuomo's veto. I also think there is an assembly bill that is also trying to repeal the safe act. We got no chance if we don't try.

Anything North of the Tapenzee Bridge  is the considered  the back 40 to NY . We are ruled by them. Western NY Gets the crumbs off the table. Look at the red blue by county.

We would make a great 51st state.

I agree we need to get rid of NYC.& Albany. Make them their own state & leave the rest of us alone! Anything east of rt. 87 should be it's own state! jmho.