New Lateral Scale Flashabou

Gill-T

This is the latest in the "got-to-have" materials.... lateral scale mirage that looks UNBELIEVABLE.  Looks "purple" from the side but changes so many colors at different angles with a scale pattern that gives the pattern realism.  Trying to get Tom Allen to produce these as I could not find the material in a banded form making it tedious to band each indivigual strand myself on double-sided tape.  If you would like to see this material in a fly you should flood Tom Allen's PM box with requests ...hehehehe  :lol: .  First pattern is just the Mirage, the second is an Aqua-crinkle (little boy blue) over the mirage.  The material is available in non-banded form at Cabelas...and it aint cheap.  There is a "mountain-dew" looking version that the boys in Oswego might find interesting.

001_zps0dfe6d9e.jpg

003_zps4be63fa8.jpg

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hareline-Lateral-Scale-Tying-Material/1791654.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dlateral%2Bscale%2Bflashabou%26x%3D10%26y%3D11%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=lateral+scale+flashabou&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Edited by Gill-T

I was wondering if all the different colors that pop out of the pattern would either lite-up kings into a frenzy or make them cross-eyed and confused.  I am worried now it is the later as nobody has commented on the pattern.  I am picturing a couple hundred LOU members staring cross-eyed (more cross-eyed than normal actually) at their computer screen......maybe I should not have posted the pictures.  Come on !!!!!!  I need stroking as these are my first attempts at tying trolling flies on bullet heads. :yes:  OR :puke: .  If the patterns are :puke:  then :mooning: . 

Edited by Gill-T

The fly mylar looks altogether different under water depending on depth and light penetration. The bead color will have a big influence on the fly under water.  I would compare it to crinkle or embossed mylar vs smooth. Go with it. I'm sure it will catch fish. :yes: