Dipsey diver with fixed slider

Really rich, you of all people looking for the last fish for the money. You would do anybody, oops i mean anything to get that last one, tangles, crack offs, whatever.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm staying away from sliders on a diver! 

I'm a big fan of simple fishing. Figure out the bite and fill the box. If I was going to try dipsy sliders I would do it on my power pro dipsys using an add-a-line.

It should be noted that you would only get away with such a rig pre- fleas...early summer & spring kings coming off an out down have crossed many a dipsy....another line to snag is not needed.

IMO it is better to get fewer hits with a high landing percentage than more hits and loose fish due to a tangle.

Finally, nothing worse than dragging a rig for an hour only to find out it is a tangled mess because something went wrong in the set-up.

Dale, it's deffinitely doable, just a pain in the butt if you have to clear it in a hurry. Knowing your boat and set up, would give you more opportunities.

If it does tangle, it can't be as bad as getting copper wrapped up in your dipsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Chris, I will let you know how it works out. I figure sometime in the end of July the way this winter is playing out will be the time the lake finally sets up to give it a shot.. How's the new boat coming along.

Dale,

Between the our new baby girl, and keeping up with snow removal and firewood, I haven't had a lot of time to work on the new boat.  I've got everything I need, parts and equipment, just waiting for a break in the weather to get out there and work on it.  We'll get there, and have things ready to go brown trout fishing in April. 

In the mean time I'll take advantage of the forced time inside with my gals, and rest up for another very busy Spring, Summer, and Fall. 

lets make a better tangle....(slider on wire)....but this may work. Why not use a torpedo diver with the dipsy to get the wire line more vertical, then try the slider. Maybe the slider line needs to be longer than the flasher line to keep a slider fish behind the flasher, don't know just my 2c

Chris enjoy the family now, that is exactly what I'm doing and when the weather breaks I have a million things to do outside. I'm turning my barn into a work shop with heat, so I never have a spot I can't escape to work on projects in the winter, if you know what I mean... Woody