Crotch Lake land o lakes region

dumprdog

Hello everyone, I'm a new member looking for information on Crotch lake. My son & I will be staying at Land o' lakes Lodge this June 13-20. Anything you may know about it would be more than than I have now. I am looking for topo maps, I think I have found a site that has them but if you know of one for sure that does please let me know. Our primary targets will be smallmouth & largemouth bass & if my son wants to eat fish one evening maybe a walleye. I would appreciate any and all advice. I am an experienced bass fisherman & am familiar with all tactics but  that doesn't necessarily correlate into fish. We would be very grateful for any & all assistance, such as depths at this time of year, lure suggestions, locations even where to get beer & groceries.. thanks

I presume the Crotch Lake your are referring to is in Ontario. Canada if not ignore my reply. I'm not sure where you live so not sure of your direction getting to Crotch Lake. There is a grocery store & beer & Liquor store in Sharbot Lake.

I suspect the lodge would know whether there areTopo maps for Crotch Lake, I suspect there is as it a fairly large lake.

I seriously check whether bass fishing would be legal as I live in area 18 which is the same as Crotch Lake and bass season doesn't open until the 3rd Saturday in June. Again; I would check the fishing regulations. The MNR patrol that Lake pretty reguarly and they have don't allow even fishing bass and releasing them.

I've only fished Crotch Lake once, but i hear good things about fishing and at one time it was a great Walleye Lake, I suspect it still. They would be totally legal as season opens the second Saturday in May. I do believe there is a slot size there though.

If I can be more help let me know.

Edited by traveller

• 2 weeks later...

Fished it plenty for eyes at one time. Eyes have a slot limit here, I believe it's still applicable unless they removed it. I fished it for bass on ocassion, good smallies on spinnerbaits along rocky shorelines. My daughter caught plenty off the docks on crayfish. We stayed at the resort across from yours, they have a small grocery store and gas for sale. Normally we trolled up eyes here morning and evening over basin areas. Lots of guys jig shoals. They have maps also at the resort we used. Good place for eyes in the 16 to 22 inch range with some up to 24 inch. I believe bass open later there, 3rd Saturday in June? I would look into it.

Edited by Roughrider IV

• 1 month later...

I fish there every year in the end of July. We fish for walleyes and it is the only time when I hate catching small mouths. We stay next door to Land o Lakes at Tumblehome. They have maps but they are paper and not very good but they will point put areas to fish As far as I know there are no contour maps of Crotch Lake. Finding small mouths will not be hard because we troll deep diving rapalas and catch plenty of them. The purpledescent the best color by far.believe me when I tell you that it out fish all other colors 5-8to1. Jointed is better. As far as I know the only ones that use it are the people I have given lures too. Make sure you ask about extended rock points and submerged rock piles that are not marked!!!! It is a great place but you need to be aware. Walleye fishing is best at first light until about 7:30-8. Last Light is also good.

Jigging is popular as well or a simply worm and hook. Lot of fun with perch,sunfish, rock bass,walleyes and smallmouth.

Love Crotch Lake. Nothing better than cruising out in the water at 5:30 a.m. With sun coming up. We also have shore breakfast sometimes. Some islands have camping so there will be places to fire pits. Enjoy and be safe!