Custom Stick Baits for Spring

JC7

I just felt the need to share something, I did a little bit last year as well but I need to give props to a great little company I found. Last year we came over from Vermont in the spring and just lit up the early season Brown Trout bite. We also were lucky enough to catch quite a few Kings largest just shy of 20lbs and one giant 6 pound smallmouth all on planer boards! After having only one year of experience doing this we had an idea what colors we needed from the year before. I had about 75 custom lures made just for these trips to catch the browns and mixed bag. Coming equipped with these colors and premium baits changed our world, we dialed them in everyday, even the days we shouldn't have even been on that beast of a lake.

An awesome trick the owner taught me about stick baits or anything with trebles for that matter was that all factory stick baits come with too small of split rings on the nose and on the bait to the hook(s). Buy upping the size your SPLIT RINGS and hooks are allowed more freedom to move with the fish once hooked, after last trip I am a true believer! Or maybe his hooks are just that good!

So the baits we had the most success on were his Pointer 78mm (3.1"), but also had a great luck on the Pointer 100mm (4") and the Megabass 110mm (4.33"). Being bass fisherman from Lake Champlain, our crew of three showed up with over 1000 stickbaits made by literally every brand in an insane amount of colors, nothing competed with the custom painted versions . I sent John some pictures from our trip and he put them on his web page and shortly after I saw some more pictures of guys using his baits the same way! I'm not here trying to sell baits for this guy, just ultra excited about what he did for me and my friends, and they are very reasonable, about $8 a piece, its unreal. I'll attach a picture with a bunch of the colors that were lights out for me.

Thank you for Listening,

Jason

P.S. - He is also apparently got a completely new bait that was designed for bass originally that some guys on lake Michigan were wrecking kings on riggers. Some sort of Armed Pulsing rig with a skirt. He sent me a pic. I can promise you I'm going to give it a shot this fall, this guy has been right on with everything he has told me so far.

post-154399-0-85107400-1423750843_thumb.jpg

post-154399-0-46050600-1423750863_thumb.jpg

post-154399-0-61775400-1423750936_thumb.jpg

post-154399-0-90010200-1423751092_thumb.jpg

post-154399-0-65723100-1423751113_thumb.jpg

post-154399-0-08997600-1423751141_thumb.jpg

post-154399-0-90949900-1423751170_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I re-read what I wrote, I meant to say he upsized the split ring and hook. Not just the hook.  I will check exact sizes

I think upsizing the hook is a common knowledge upgrade but not the split ring, sorry for the confusion. I will check hooks size on each bait to confirm and repost.

Treble Hooks are size  #4  and all split rings are a stainless #4 on hooks and on head of bait.

I'm praying I can go, but its 6-7 hours from here, and my wife is due April 12 with our 2nd little one, I might be shore bound!