clarification

bottom-feeder

I know you have to belong to a club to use the trail systems. A friend of mine was going to reg. his older sled just for ice fishing & it would have cost him more than his sled was worth! I do believe it is cheaper if you belong to a club.

Edited by lineman49

Yes, you either have to buy a club membership, usually around $25-50, or pay the state fee which is outrageous to register your sled. Better off to buy the membership, imho.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

http://dmv.ny.gov/registration/register-snowmobile

How do I register my snowmobile at a DMV office?

Bring these completed items to a DMV office

• a completed Snowmobile Registration Application (MV-82SN)
  • payment for fees and sales tax, or proof of sales tax payment or exemption (see sales tax information)
  • proof of ownership and bill of sale -  Non-residents can use photocopies of proof of ownership and aren’t required to pay the NYS sales tax if the snowmobile is registered in another state
  • proof of identity and age 3
  • cash, check or credit card for the $100 registration fee
    • if you have a current, valid NYSSA voucher, and bring the voucher to the office, the fee for your registration is $45.00.

What is a New York State Snowmobile Association (NYSSA) Snowmobile Club voucher ID Number?

If you are a member of a NYSSA snowmobile club, you receive a voucher that includes an ID number. The ID number is located in the top right corner of your voucher, above the barcode. If you have a current NYSSA voucher, enter the voucher ID number in the box provided. If you do not have a current voucher, skip the voucher ID number section.

You can go on the snowmobile association website and pay $25 for a voucher. Then you need to register thru the DMV for the $45. You end up paying $70 instead of $100.

But in a nutshell yes you need a registration sticker on the sled even if only ice fishing. Same goes for an atv, it must be registered to use for ice fishing.

Sent from my thinking car!