Fish Hawk x4d

if you dont already have some type of down speed/temp unit,they are worth every penny or should i say 5 pennies!!!!haha.if you are looking to up grade for the blue tooth,i dont see it being that important,the only plus would be if your head unit stops working you can view it on your phone or i-pad,i think???

The new one also now has surface temp which I believe was lost in the previous 4Dand the screen is red instead of blue with many levels of brightness so it is supposed to be a bit better on the eyes. It also has the ability to record a bunch of data such as what you caught and where etc.  I saw one in demo mode the the tech from Fish hawk presented and it was pretty sweet.I think there is a bit  of a boost in price though ($800-850). Hopefully it will be offered cheaper...... :)

Edited by Sk8man

yes i did have the cannon set up, but it was not vary reliable, coated cable always had to pour water on it for display to work not a fisherman friendly unit .

didn't really care about the i-pad set up but it comes with it so it is what they offer, but wanted the speed ,depth, temp. at lour . as with everything it is expensive but love to fish with my sons and grand children .

• 3 weeks later...

The new "improved" unit has the same name designation and some of the features have been described above in this post.