Video - How we store divers

A question that always comes up is how to store divers. Ours stay on the rod the whole season. I believe video is much easier than typing, and cabin fever is setting in, so here you go.

As I said with my previous video about tying fly harnesses it may not be the best way, or the way for you, but it's how we do it on the Yankee Troller:

I use diver docks, as I don't like putting a sharp bend in the wire at the pole tip. I can then wind the swivel right into the roller guide at the rod top, & keep the wire straight. This method works well for me.

I can see where YT's method would be very helpful in getting the rigs out quickly when you get to the fishing grounds, & that is a good thing. I have seen this line wrapping around the reel thing done on the bottom fishing charter boats here in Florida, however they are using 60lb + mono.

John

Rick do you use twilli tips or roller rods?  i also hate when people wrap fly leaders around spin dr.s

We have 6 wire diver rods on board. 2 are roller rods, and 4 have Twilli Tips. 

I use diver docks, as I don't like putting a sharp bend in the wire at the pole tip. I can then wind the swivel right into the roller guide at the rod top, & keep the wire straight. This method works well for me.

I can see where YT's method would be very helpful in getting the rigs out quickly when you get to the fishing grounds, & that is a good thing. I have seen this line wrapping around the reel thing done on the bottom fishing charter boats here in Florida, however they are using 60lb + mono.

John

The diver docks are nice but you have to store them when not in use, and winding the line around them with that narrow arbor can be slow. Otherwise, they are a great idea.

Thanks, nice tip. Wondering how long of a leader do you run & what # line you using & is it flourcarbon? thanks.

If we're chasing trout only we'll use McCoy Fluoro 100 in 15lb or 20lb, but 95% of the time it's McCoy Mean Green 25lb test.

Leader length for me is as long as I can get away with.

Saw these at a show last month. Similar concept to the Diver-Dok. I just found myself not wanting to store anything when not in use with the Diver-Dok.

Great concept though!

who is the diver dok made by?

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought 2' of double sided velcro at walmart for less than $10 then wrapped it around the front of the diver arm and around the rod. The leader I then looped below the reel and hooked the swivel onto a pole eye. Works pretty good and super cheap.

I bought 2' of double sided velcro at walmart for less than $10 then wrapped it around the front of the diver arm and around the rod. The leader I then looped below the reel and hooked the swivel onto a pole eye. Works pretty good and super cheap.

X2.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app