Ice info!

Keep'n it Reel

I'm looking to go for trout this weekend! I am not looking for hot spots or lures! I am just new to the ice and wondering what the conditions of the ice are for either owasco lake or keuka lake I see some post about keuka but any other info on the ice situation would be appreciated!!!

Thank you joe

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I walked out on owasco today and drilled a few holes and there was 5-6 inches of ice.  There were shanty's farther out than I was but I have also heard that the ice depth varies quite a bit from place to place.  The nice thing was there was minimal snow cover I jigged for perch for a little while but had no action.   Hope this helps you out a little.

I walked out on owasco today and drilled a few holes and there was 5-6 inches of ice. There were shanty's farther out than I was but I have also heard that the ice depth varies quite a bit from place to place. The nice thing was there was minimal snow cover. I jigged for perch for a little while but had no action. Hope this helps you out a little.

Which end of Owasco did you go out on? North, south?

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was pretty much in the middle on the west side.  Just walked in from a friends camp. I was pretty much in no mans land, it dropped off so quick it would take a lot of hiking to find perch in  that area.  I don't know the lake that well so sorry I can't give more specifics.

Owasco got the best of me today, fished from 8-3pm. Tried 16,22,32 fow out of North end. Fished with fat heads, waxies, red worms and large bass minnows, got a great take on the large minnow on tip up in 32 fow almost spooled me by the time I got to it, grabbed line and felt it come out of the fishes mouth :(

got a few taps in shallow but nothing to speak of, fish finder was very void of fish. Dunno. Beautiful day and great to get out, no one around me caught anything too.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app