47 lb walleye?

DaveF

• 1 month later...

The Columbia River yielded a twenty eight pound walleye last year. The New York record Walleyes are not from the Great Lakes but from the Kinzua Reservoir, part of the Ohio River system that show different genes from our lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

wa wa wa ...ok i have a computer so its easier for me to type in how to age a walleye  ,rather than type in i wonder how old.................ect,ect..so thats where my common sence comes from...plus i feel better doing my own research ,sometimes i lern sumpting.............. 

http://www.wildernessisland.com/WalleyePikeAgeSize.php#.VSpn3fnF8W4

According to the Pa fish commission, a 10 lb Lake Erie walleye is about 10 year old..... I know you can age them from growth rings on the scales.....I've just never got ahold of a scale from one that's 28 lbs...... perhaps one that's that large..... is on a different growth curve .... longer growing period, etc..... bad question.... sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's one (Zander) hanging on the wall that the 1,000 Island Bait Shop off Rte 81. I saw that thing on the wall and immediately asked if it was a Zander. I KNEW it couldn't be a Walleye. Not that big. But it sure looked like one. Owner said yes, it was a Zander, and that he'd caught it on a trip to Europe.