Biggest eye of the year so far

orange belly

Thanks Pap!!! I've released over (20) eyes this season so far all extremely large females. Looks like the eastern basin is full of wintering eyes again this year. Large age class this year are population is getting stronger every year, I hope it continues.

Thanks Pap!!! I've released over (20) eyes this season so far all extremely large females. Looks like the eastern basin is full of wintering eyes again this year. Large age class this year are population is getting stronger every year, I hope it continues.

I can tell you I'm crossing my fingers and toes also, maybe something positive could be a possibility and what a great specie to be getting stronger

Orange belly and FishingSkrip27.....Sweet fish from both of U. Are those 'eyes all around the eastern bays or in specific regions....are they roaming all around chasing bait or are they found in predictable areas or structural habitat? Don't have to give up YOUR spots, just some general things in what to look for......From a novice ice 'eye person...... ;)

Panfisher, I've been chasing the lake Ontario gold since I was a little kid. These eyes seem to be coming back each year to spawn all over the eastern end, bays, river, etc. I usually follow them from early spring from the structure of all the bays around the eastern end out to the main lake shoals out of Henderson Harbor.

Panfisher, I've been chasing the lake Ontario gold since I was a little kid. These eyes seem to be coming back each year to spawn all over the eastern end, bays, river, etc. I usually follow them from early spring from the structure of all the bays around the eastern end out to the main lake shoals out of Henderson Harbor.

OrangeBelly, Do you troll or cast more for walleyes once they hit the lake?

Orange belly.......Trolling over and through the ice is a neat trick....What....U have an icebreaker set up for trolling for 'eyes?    :P ..........I guess I'm asking about where one might set up for the 'eyes through the ice in that region. Not specifics as far as a named location, but particulars on what to look for as good areas to target. Or, as I mentioned, are they just all over the place anywhere under the ice. Just roaming around loosely and feeding on bait they happen upon. Which would suggest where to start or target on the ice would be a crapshoot.....all based on pure luck.... :wondering:        :thinking: .....Which would make your catch really special   :yes:

Edited by panfisher