Onanda ramp - i'm guessing it's frozen?

Dre: The entire lake (Canandaigua) is frozen with a few small places where the ice was last to form so it is relatively thin. I ice fished the south end yesterday and there were a couple of guys out in the middle of the lake ice fishing about a little south of Vine Valley.  I was also at Seneca today and the north end is freezing up pretty good despite the wind. The ice shelf is out to about the Hobart dock as of this afternoon.

Edited by Sk8man

seneca is frozen that far?  I dont suppose anyone knows how thick I have a chance to fish this weekend and with a hand agar I would prefer to find thinner ice.  was looking at keuka but seneca is closer and I've always wanted to ice fish the north end around the pier

I should have added that the ducks and geese have made some "play areas" out there too in a couple large swimming pool sized areas so my hunch is that it isn't ready for prime time yet.  This severe wind last night and today may have messed things up too despite being out of the west northwest the wave action can see saw the ice underneath making it very unsafe.  We need a couple of still cold nights without the high winds with sunny days before it will be "fishable" in my opinion. I'm as anxious as anyone to get out there despite the fact that the major intermittent grass beds are no longer there in numbers.

Edited by Sk8man