Monster Eye!

bringley

Fished the niagara river for steelhead and lakers yesterday, was doing decent with 3 lakers all in the dobble digets and 2 small steeles when my flaot goes down again.

It had all the feeling of a monster laker staying down in the current and swimming slow makeing long powerful runs. After a 5-10 min fight i bring it to the net and my buddy (who netted it) says you aint gonna believe this!! It was a monster walleye! we put her on the scale and it reads 15.6 lbs! I am no expert on walleye fishing and I get small ones here and there on accident but this was a true hog. I would have loved to get that thing mounted but I had a good feeling that they are out of season so I turned her loose, the girth on this thing exceeded 20'' took a white 1/64 oz jig!

I was super pumped and just thought I would share with some folks who are walleye experts like yourselfs!

Here is what you need to do: bring the camera to Wal-Mart tell them you want your pix added to a CD I just did the same thing it cost an extra 2dollers!!! Take the CD home and pull the pix from it and post,post POST

my best is 10.4 32 1/4 inches

Nice going on the fish of a lifetime and congrats on releasing it. 1/64 oz jig blows my mind! Did the lakers hit that too? How did you have this rigged?

Pics are comming dont worry! Made a dent in the remaining film on the camera in the river today with 4 lakers and 8 steelhead in the Devils Hole. I have been getting em good the last 6 days down there.

The jig is fished on a 13' leader with about 10grams of weight on the main line. I use a 15' float rod and a center pin reel. I was talkin to one of the guys that guide down on the river and he told me that every year he catches walleyes that are well over 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I work up in the falls area weekly just a short drive to Lewiston!! Ill help bringley finish his roll of film **** ill give him a ride to Wal-mart and show him how to drop it off at the one hour ….. I think if I caught a 15.6lb walleye i would have filled the camera and RAN to the nearest store but that’s just me and every one else I know………………

But ill give bringley the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty…..

LT-ZajacWalleye.jpg

Wow that is a hawg!!!!!! Unfortunatley it looks alot like this. http://www.walleyeheaven.com/world-record-walleye.htm Please tell me you aren't claimig that is the pic of the 15.6lber? lol

Nice retraction,(WTF)

No I’m not claiming that it is THE 15.6lb walleye it is a pix I found on the web (busted)…. Just trying to draw attention to the post hopefully we will see the real pix soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...