Monster Eye!

bringley

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fish guys!

My goal this year is to catch my first eye. They didn't have any in CA and the few times I fished for them after movin' here in August I came up empty.

I'll probably try Honeoye on the opener. Look for me on my blue kayak, hopefully getting towed by a big ass walleye!

Phil

Scratch that last post. I finally caught a walleye yesterday in the canal. I WAS NOT TARGETING THEM AND IT WAS IMMEDIATLY RELEASED!

Also caught a sheephead, a pike and a smallmouth all in under an hour on a 3" grub all released.

Can't wait for finals to end so I can get out on the water more.

Phil

Yeah it was awesome. Not a bad size either. I thought it was a good size bass for a while. I had him headin in towards me and saw him as he turned around and saw the white spot on the tail. Then I knew! Snapped a quick pic on my phone but am unsure how to upload it.

I heard they don'y fight too well, but this one did. It was a lot of fun on a light rod. I am definatly lookin forward to gettin some more. Hopefully in the size that you seem to get a lot.

Phil

I've gotten em on accident bass fishing, even gotten a few when I got the knack of it in the genny and I-bay. I here al the time about the fisherie in Erie. Anybody target em in the open lake (ontario). I fish bronzies all the time and never hit one in the lake.