Keuka Lakers, any tips?

dawsonscreek

So once my buddy gets back from his trip to The Caribbean I want to talk him into targeting some lakers on Keuka. Thing is, I have no idea where to start or what to use. I think we have access to a decent depthfinder, any help would be very appreciated, feel free to PM me, thanks!!. 

White 3" Mr Twisters on a 3/4 to 1oz jig head. Play keep away. They chase like crazy!

exactly right they chase at unbelievable speeds! Never let your lure sit still not even for a second. The faster you reel and the more vibration that your lure gives off the equals more aggressive trout. The rule of thumb for us is drop it to the bottom jig it 3 times the just start reeling they will come flying up and crush it. Hold on to your rod!

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished out of Branchport (state park) yesterday. 4" of solid clear ice. Jigged plastics, pimples and shiners through water column in 170 fow Slow day. You will be in 100+ fow 200 yards SW of the launch from the State Park. Good luck! Temps will be tolerable this weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished out of Branchport (state park) yesterday. 4" of solid clear ice. Jigged plastics, pimples and shiners through water column in 170 fow Slow day. You will be in 100+ fow 200 yards SW of the launch from the State Park. Good luck! Temps will be tolerable this weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

did you at least mark any fish?

We have been slamming them in 90ft in front of the college but the drag is horrible. I was looking for an easier drag for tomorrow cause im taking 13yr old nephew. I might just deal with the drag cause at least i know the fish are hitting there

Sounds just like jigging them from a boat really, any tips if I don't have access to a vex, I think his finder only does depth, but I could be mistaken.

Just drop the jig to the bottom. Pick it up and aggressively jig a couple times then start reeling up. Get up off the bottom and drop it down and repeat.

I sure hope the wind lays down tonight  it was brutal on Conesus this morning and walking in the snow and slush wasn't a whole lot of fun either. Never even got to put the tip ups out with the wind. 

Anybody out today? Thinking of going out tomorrow...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There were quite a few people in laker water in Branchport today when I checked Esperanza web cam.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished out in front of the state park today. Lots of people out there with us. Hot bite first thing in the morning. Tons of bait with lots of fish under the pods. Died off for me after 8:30. Had to realy work them to get a bite after that. 4-5 inches of ice. Stayed on em till the wind drove us off. Still had bites after 11:00. Going back after them tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app