Swan Spoons

Erskin

Anybody ever hear of Swan spoons.  Some say Swan 31,Swan 44, some say Victor, New York. They are very light like flutter type spoons. I have some 22 Miller Hamburg, New York Flutter Lite spoons. And other no names but the numbers 43, 81, 34 also Quick Strike 22 and 31 and Thin Doctor 175 and other Doctor spoons with three little red dots.  These spoons are all very light.  I think they would be good brown trout spoons in the early spring.  Anyone familiar with these?

I was given a bunch of swans 2 years ago from an older gentleman, They are phenomenal spoons, slightly heavier than suttons so they handle speed a bit better.

Thanks for the info.  I thought maybe they were rare or worth something cause I've never seen them at the tackle stores.

Bernie Klimzak (charter captain)  used to make the Millers and at one time he lived in Hamburg, NY. I think he has passed on and they are real good trout spoons. The Quick Strikes were made by a guy from the Watkins Glen/Elmira area unfortunately I can't recall his name but I used to meet him at a buddy's tackle shop near Waterloo in late 70's and early 80's and I bought a bunch of them. The ones with the swirl finish (44's and 22's used to perform best but my favorite is the Quick Strike 11 and I still have about 30 or so and run the hammered silver ones for rainbows all summer long and into the Fall. I have "modified" many of mine though :lol: They were patterned after the Sutton's in terms of size and number designations but made from different metal and did not have a true silver plate finish. They came in silver, brass, hammered brass hammered silver and silver swirl and brass swirl finish.

post-145411-0-59958800-1424488616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man