Erie East end

Sean Youngblood

Do you need a machine to get to walleye water on Erie?  Really would like to get out there to get my son on some eyes but dont have a machine, yet....

yes you do, perch about 2 miles off Sturgeon Pt and eyes about 4+. It's not the walk distance it's all the ruts from 4 wheelers. I do see guys walking to the perch, but to the walleye, WOW that would be tough. 

Edited by scobar

Thanks for the input!!  I think even 2 miles would be tough with a 9 year old....

Is there some sort of 4 wheeler taxi service avbailable for those with out a machine??  LOL, that could be a good money making idea....

Money maker for the repair shops.Wheelers have been getting stuck and breaking down.Guys broke down Saturday evening 5 miles out.They called 911 and were rescued.There were more 1st responders there than you could imagine.Great to know they have a great plan in place incase things go south and would like to give them a personal Thanks.Sled is by far the best transportation with current conditions.

Lake Erie has whiteouts and snowdrifts. Shoves over 25 foot high block your path. It is big league fishing out there and a handheld compass and gps plus a cellphone fully charged are necessary. Greenhorns hook up with veteran fishermen and if you walk travel light as a two mile walk might be four miles long and even longer on return. It is best to hold off for a thaw to knock down the snow depths.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am always up for a good adventure but when I consider what you have to do to get out there ..........the Friday fish fry available around Buffalo for around $10.00 sounds more inviting.