copper reels

Get your self 2 300 coppers and maybe a 400 and be done! Especially if your only out to have FUN. 500 and above coppers are not fun. Charters and tourneys yea you want every weapon you can have to put fish in the boat. IMO

Agreed! If you're just fun fishing then there is no need to go longer than a 300 copper.

Another vote for the Seagates, you will not be disappointed with drag and speed!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Seagates here too, 2 of the 50 series and 2 of the 60. Loaded with Blood Run 32#

The only problem I have with my 600' copper is having to reel it in all the time cause there's fish on it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

and that's the problem with fishing copper

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That would be easy if it was the only problem. Hey that coppers acting funny. You think we are draggin a little one. I dont know?Who wants to check? We have all had this conversation.

That why my son is nicknamed " The Copper Kid". That kid has reeled in miles of copper. No doubt more than most people on LOU and hes 12.

Haha, that's how all newbies in my boat earn their salmon stripes, by reeling in the 400' or 500' copper rigs first.  After that they can reel in the 300' wire diver, and once they have graduated from those, they are finally allowed to reel in fish off the riggers!!LO :yes:  :yes:  :rofl:

I've had a king hit my 300' copper with an 8' branch wrapped around the copper. You cant kill the action. On the best day you have fleas before you set the rod. On a bad day you're fighting spring junk. Silver fox, when ever I read your screen name, I'm picturing Walter Matheu. You havin a grumpy oldmen moment?

Edited by baitrigger

Anyone that knows me well, would probably agree that I'm just like Ray Romano on Everybody loves Raymond, but with white hair.lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Silver Fox

Anyone that knows me well, would probably agree that I'm just like Ray Romano on Everybody loves Raymond, but with white hair.lol

I know you well, and you're not Ray Ramano funny bro! You are a white haired grumpy son of a b*tch. Especially, as of late. Actually, ever since getting the shaft from that FK tourney.

Each to his own, personally I don't have a problem with any length of copper and use it religiously, have for over 50 years! I am 63 years old and my shoulders are just fine, of course I've worked hard all my life and I'm not scared of a little hard work. That said the only problem I have is finding a reel that will handle 6 or 700 feet of copper and the proper amount of backing. I am using 6/0 Penn Senators without level winds. These are difficult for someone without experience to use. Any suggestions for a level wind reel that will handle 700' of copper and backing?