Swivel/rotating trees?

hondo573

Ive seen lots of different sets of trees on boats and want to add a pair to my set up. Ive noticed some like the berts have locking position swivle bases while others are just standard non swiveling ones that mount in tracks aswell. Never using them was wondering whats the benefit of the rotating bases and if they make that much difference and how often people rotate them. Also whats a good place to order them from

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a set of great lakes planers 4 rod trees, I would highly recommend them. They are built like tanks, if they break they will be ripping off part of the boat. The entire tree rotates or each rod holder individually, they are very versatile and the best part is you can expand your trees to a rocket launcher setup later on.

Edited by Chas0218

berts have locking position swivle bases 

They have both , I bought the swivel base type for two reasons ,

1st they were about $10.00 a pair cheaper - have no idea why.

2nd where I launch I would have to take them out of the tracks if they didn't swivel or take a chance of hitting the post along the dock.

3rd if I had it to do over I would have gone with   Great Lakes Planers if they have that type base , just way more adjustment for sure....

check out the Traxstech  trees      absolutely  the best  on the  market.    They look  better  spring  mounted to turn in.  I had the Great lakes  on my last boat  this one  has the Trax    quality all the way 

what ever brand you go with,you want the whole tree to be able to rotate or each holder too and you also want the individual holders  to be able  to be adjusted vertically up and down.i would stay away from the non-adjustable trees. 

I had great lakes trees for eight years. We let them go with the old boat. They still looked new. They are hard to beat.

And the owner is awesome to deal with unlike the a+-$le at the other place in Michigan.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app