downriggers

Feelin Reel

Holy crap, this is why I get grumpy! Just do a search, this has been gone over a million times on this site.......

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lmao!! Same here. Spring can't come soon enough.

Holy crap, this is why I get grumpy! Just do a search, this has been gone over a million times on this site.......

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think there should be a few "sticky" threads made. 1 for Best manufacturer reel debate, another for best manufacture electronics debate, and then one for the best downrigger manufacture debate.

Don't know about manual ones, but I have been running Scottys since 2003 and they have been flawless,  I had far more problems with cable stacking on my old Cannons.

The manual Scottys were sweet as well Tim.

I started with two manuals and two electrics in 1994.

In fact the manuals out performed any other manual on the market with 2 ft of retrieve per revolution of the horizontal spools and the handles on top of the spool made for easy cranking.

Haven't encountered any problems with the "poor design" yet but it's only been a couple of decades since I started running them.

Maybe next year.

The Scotty's are good downriggers and the only complaint  I have is they are a difficult shift for us dinosaur (vertical) Cannon users to get used to (the horizontal layout) when all hell breaks loose on the boat and you're trying to figure out how to get them back down to the action :lol:  but I guess that doesn't have much to do with the product though does it? :)