Stealth Core

RD9

Well I bought a 1000 yd spool of Stealth core. I have previously used many different brands of leadcore. While spooling the segmented colors I realized that the stealth core diameter was definetly significantly smaller. I have okuma 45 for my ten colors and I fit and extra two colors on the reels which was fine. I usually use these in each corner of the boat straight off the back of the boat. I would guess the stealth core diameter is closer to the micro lead core. I bought the 27lb test. I tried to look online and find its diameter but it wasnt listed. I even asked the guy at the shop and he could not tell me either.

• 2 months later...

No but fishing it I believe it is more like the micro cores then regular brands. Although I haven't had much usage yet but I am pretty happy with it so far.

I just got 3 spools of it and went to rig it up. The first 2 spools only had 9 colors on them (which made me waste a section of it).  The 3rd spool wasnt dyed correctly - the red was brighter red and the black was a purple/silver color.  Little frustrated that all 3 spools were defective - waiting on an answer from the vendor as to what they are going to do.  

I picked up 2 spools of 10 color stealth core a couple years ago and found they were only 9 color. I've used it in segments and it's ok. Surprised to see they still have issue selling a 10 and giving you a 9. At the time they told me they would give me a break on my next order to make up for the issue. I haven't gone back-kind of left a bad taste with me.

So you had the same issue a few years ago?  The blame should be put on the manufacturer....but come on.  Its a 10 color full core - how hard is it to make a spool with the number of intended colors.  Maybe it so stealthy, the manufacturer has a hard time counting :)

I ended up taking some credit from the vendor and buying an entire bulk spool to finish off switching over the rest of my leadcore rods.

Yes, exact same problem with 9 colors instead of 10 on both spools I bought. Was when line first came out and I did discuss with them. Who ever makes it for them is a slow learner or its old stock if they still have the issue. Figured they would label as 9 color and sell it that way. Packaging problem by manufacturer that is a pain for a guy putting a 10 color rig together only to find out he's short 10 percent.

Wow, guess I screwed up by cutting off that stealth invisible 10th color. Guess I should get some more so I could practice invisible knots. Once I get that down, should be good- no leader, no flea problem. Appreciate the heads up!