thru hull transducers

Feelin Reel

FR:

Thru hull transducers have their place, & they do a good job, but are not necessary to get good sonar performance. I use a transom mounted ducer, & have all the resolution I need. Good luck with your installation. I can see my weights, bait & a streaker or two chasing my spread. By the way the streaker was a 22LB King.

FallLOCDerby8-26-12045.jpg

John

Edited by Iceman

OTL;

I don't troll @ 25 mph, however I could see where it could be useful for looking around. Typically, we are working way points from the previous day, or from friends out on the water before us, so I don't need to have the ability to search @ high speed. Plus, I trailer my boat & would not be comfortable dealing with a large fairing block getting banged around when loading in rough surf conditions.

John

Iceman, I don't troll at 25 either, but the discussion revolves around a thru hull ducer. so an advantage is its forward placement which allows clean water to flow over it thus maintaining a clear picture. Searching for bait n fish under power is somewhat helpful. And no fairing block needed for the b60, its flush mounted.