T minus 3 months big fish friday

??? Every time I get to fish Seneca its a relief because its so much easier to catch quality fish..

If they can find a way to fix Keuka and Canandaigua we would have some serious fishing here. Seneca, Owasco and Cayuga seem to be doing well. Cayuga not so much as Seneca, but in my lifetime, ive seen them swap places. That tells me its not out of the question. Effort on their part is whats needed. Maybe we need to be more involved in discussions about how to proceeded from here. Maybe more Angler Diary Cooperator programs would help. Les had a good point about that, and we should consider the effects. 

I've been guiding on mostly Cayuga for only 5 yrs now and I can see the quality of fish decline significantly each year.. I'm not sure what the answer is but there is a lot of factors that could contribute. No problem going out and catching a bunch of fish day in and day out, but especially last year, Seneca fish seemed so much bigger. Maybe its just me

I can remember even 5 -7 yrs ago Cayuga trout seemed bigger but if you wanted numbers it was always seneca. You think it's just the normal of any population. Goes up and down or you think something is causing the population to decrease in Cayuga or keuka?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

As far as the trout scene goes it seems to me that the lamprey control may at least be a factor in the differences. At one point Seneca seemed worse than Cayuga and now Cayuga seems worse I saw somewhere that an adult lamprey can account for about 40 lbs of fish (unsure whether that was lifetime or per year) Either way it can account for a lot of fish over time.  I'm sure there are multiple factors involved but the levels of lamprey in the lakes should be taken into account.

Good points! Five years ago I had spots on Cayuga where I would put several fish over 10 pounds in the boat every trip. Now I'm on Seneca most of the time and Cayuga takes Second. Canandaigua blew them both out of the water six years ago now its third on my list.

Cayuga used to be the easy lake I heard and seneca was always tuff for guys. I don't know. Only fished cayuga a few times but Seneca I've been on since a little tyke. It's always been home for me...

Been fishing great for many years and I'd like to say it's getting better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Does anybody remember the first "Freds Place" Just north of Rock Stream? I was a young fella when my Dad fished from there. They had 2 cottages just south of their place. I can remember fishing from there all year. At that point in time, sheetrock mud came in metal buckets. We used to rent 14ft boats and light a bucket of charcoal to keep warm. 35 years ago! Then the fishing became tough and we moved to Sheldrake on Cayuga. Earl (Driftwood inn) used to make some homemade dandelion wine. The fishing was second to none back then. First place I ever took a boat out and fished on my own. I caught 3 fish that day. The year was 1985. I will never forget it. 

So, I'm in on the trash talking and the $20 side bet for BFF. I just want to be in it for the fun and camaraderie of it. I love competition and the positive aspects it brings to those who see it as a challenge. Cant wait for this winter to pass!

Good luck everyone,

Jason.